Author Topic: Bradley, Kurt & Shannon  (Read 8097 times)

twangirl

Re: Bradley, Kurt & Shannon
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by i'm her slave:
  Jeff Buckley?

@ old 9:30?

Was very good night
The quietest most attentive audience I ever witnessed at 930 F St. That show sure was something special

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:00 am »
can't claim sid with pink floyd

but can say i've seen Kate Bush live at the first Prince's trust concert with Pete Townshend, Robert Plant and Madness.

B-52s with Ricky Wilson
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 02:34:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I had to do a double-take when I read that. Maybe it took place where he works (rams head)?

Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
  Did you just admit to seeing Goldfinger in 2008 as well? Sweet Sassy Moses.
[/b]
Correct. Although I did see another member of this forum at the show and I dare you to make fun of him for it!  ;)

K8teebug

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 07:58:00 am »
Elliott Smith was the worst show I ever saw.  (930 for the Figure 8 tour).

Left early.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 08:40:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  yah, we were trying to think of some other good ones too. thought of Alice In Chains but many ppl saw them on Lollapalooza (I saw them in 1991 with Van Hagar and also in 1991 with the Monsters of Metal tour or something with Slayer and Megadeth or some crap)
I caught AiC w/ Van Halen too. That was right after Eddie had his hip replaced.  :)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 08:42:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo:

oh yeah - Mike Watt w/ Eddie Vedder (guitar) and Dave Grohl on drums. It was like seeing the Cream of my generation.  Also, the first Foo Fighters Tour (two drum sets) and Hoovercraft (Vedder wearing a mask and "playing drums")
Both of these would have been awesome to see! I remember catching Hoovercraft with Mr Samfresh5 at the Metro Cafe, but sadly, no Eddie.  :)

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 08:52:00 am »
Originally posted by MindCage:

oh yeah - Mike Watt w/ Eddie Vedder (guitar) and Dave Grohl on drums. It was like seeing the Cream of my generation.  Also, the first Foo Fighters Tour (two drum sets) and Hoovercraft (Vedder wearing a mask and "playing drums")
Both of these would have been awesome to see! I remember catching Hoovercraft with Mr Samfresh5 at the Metro Cafe, but sadly, no Eddie.   :)  

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions [/b]
Actually it was a triple bill... Mike Watt, Foo Fighters and Hoovercraft.
T.Rex

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:
  Correct. Although I did see another member of this forum at the show and I dare you to make fun of him for it!   ;)  
yeah, i was there.  we had a blast.  it was good to hear them with charlie back in the band, and playing old stuff.  no peta preaching from john this time, either.  i even ended up in the barricade for a song when one of your guys got taken out by a stage diver.

bearman🐻

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 10:03:00 am »
I saw Goldfinger open for the Buzzcocks...boy, there couldn't be more of a contrast in the punk rock demographic represented by both bands.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 10:17:00 am »
You guys are so lucky to have seen some of these acts.  
 Sublime's s/t album - along with No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom!! - were the first two cds I ever bought when I was little.  And then Nirvana followed shortly after.
 Some of you hate Sublime, but they were a seriously influential band and I still love their music.  I would have killed to see any one of those three in their original lineups...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 11:00:00 am »
well i missed Nirvana, may have seen Blind Melon but I'm not sure the same version of the MTV 120 minutes tour went through Detroit, Sublime weren't even on my radar
T.Rex

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  I saw Goldfinger open for the Buzzcocks...boy, there couldn't be more of a contrast in the punk rock demographic represented by both bands.
I caught Goldfinger with Gravity Kills and the Sex Pistols...one of these is not like the other...

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Mobius

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

oh yeah - Mike Watt w/ Eddie Vedder (guitar) and Dave Grohl on drums. It was like seeing the Cream of my generation.  Also, the first Foo Fighters Tour (two drum sets) and Hoovercraft (Vedder wearing a mask and "playing drums") [/QB]
I saw this show at St. Andrews in Detroit.  One of my favorite shows ever.  It was before their debut was released so the awesomeness of their set was a revelation . . . plus Eddie Vedder's mystique was probably at its peak , , ,

Some others:  Anyone see Guns N Roses w/ Stephen Adler?  Stone Roses w/ Reni?  Libertines w/ Pete Doherty?

I saw GNR on the pre-Use Your Illusion tour w/ Izzy, but Matt Sorum;  Stone Roses at WUST w/ Robbie Maddix (I would classify his presence as 'tragic'); and Libertines at BC w/out Pete.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »
Due to the many dead brain cells that have flushed through my head, I doubt I could begin to list most of them.

Frank Zappa
 The Germs
 The Minutemen
 Johnny Thunders (a couple times)
 Danny Gatton (tons of times)
 The Greatful Dead (several of the dead ones)
 Muddy Waters
 Dizzy Gilespee
 Lionel Hampton (I think he's dead)
 Nico
 Flipper (really nice guys)
 I use to know Stiv Bators and have seen him in both The Dead Boys and Lords Of The New Church
 Lots of locals who wouldn't mean much to most of you.
 Not dead but his crazy ass may as well be but Jeremy Spence when he was with Fleetwood Mac way back when they use to be good, long before crappy ass Buckingham and Nicks detroyed the band. (My opinion and I'm sticking to it!)
 Someone listed Madness. I've seen them. Did one of them die? Never liked them so I never kept up. It was a date.
 I met Michael Hutchence but have never actually seen him play.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »
since when was it cool to like Blind Melon? Sublime was OK to like, but Blind Melon....
(_|_)