Author Topic: General Camera Question  (Read 1066 times)

megs

General Camera Question
« on: September 07, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
Ok, so to make it clear...what constitutes a "professional" camera??? I have a standard, non-digital camera with zoom and flash. I have been to shows where it has been allowed in, yet I have been told not to use the flash. I have been to shows where I have been able to use the flash to my heart's content. And I have been to shows where I had to check it at the door. All shows were under the "No professional photo" signage. So what gives?

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: General Camera Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
AH HA!  To make it clear indeed.  There is no fixed definition of what constitutes a pro camera.  Generally speaking, professional cameras are anything digital and any camera with detachable lenses.  There are, however, occasions when the tour prefers we judge by intent rather than gear.  In such an event,  if it was deemed that you were just taking pictures because you love the band and were probably not going to sell the pictures to Teen Beat or what have you,  then you would probably be allowed in with your camera, detachable lenses and all.   Other tours will have a meltdown if they see a proper 35 mm camera or a flash pops off in the crowd regardless of you and your intent.  Sorry there is no easier answer but I hope that helps to make the picture a little clearer...