Author Topic: Of Montreal roll call  (Read 2412 times)

jude376

Re: Of Montreal roll call
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 10:46:00 am »
Arriving with a cautiously optimistic attitude given the postings in this thread, I was (thankfully) very pleased with Of Montreal's performance. High energy, great stage presence, good mix of old/new stuff.

I didn't realize that their on-stage persona was so dramatic. Three of five band members wore skirts (and, uh... only one is a girl), glitter make-up was generously applied, and silly coordinated dance moves crept their way into many a song. But it all worked, and contributed to the overall fun vibe of the show.

Only complaint is that the show started and ended really early for a Saturday night - it was over and done with by 11:30. Is that typical for the State Theatre?

azaghal1981

Re: Of Montreal roll call
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »
No but it's typical of Of Montreal. I was told to expect a short show so it didn't catch me off guard but it probably would've if I didn't know prior to going. They do, however, put a ton of effort  into that short show and I was thoroughly impressed as well. My one complaint was the fact that they only played 1 song out of all their pre-satanic panic material. I love both satanic panic and sunlandic twins but also think coquelicot and the gay parade are masterpieces. They played nothing off either album. The new songs were all great too. Looking forward to the new album even more now.
احمد