Author Topic: Of Montreal roll call  (Read 2413 times)

Bags

Of Montreal roll call
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
Is anyone going to this show Saturday at the State Theatre?

I've missed O.M. every time they've been in town, and think I'd like to catch it.  Not sure I know anyone going...

If anyone's a definite, ideas on set times?

Vas Deferens

Re: Of Montreal roll call
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »
Should be fun, but hope they don't bring that rapper with them...though I think he's opening?
 Grand Buffet?

Originally posted by Bags:
  Is anyone going to this show Saturday at the State Theatre?

I've missed O.M. every time they've been in town, and think I'd like to catch it.  Not sure I know anyone going...

If anyone's a definite, ideas on set times?
(_|_)

amnesiac

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  Should be fun, but hope they don't bring that rapper with them...though I think he's opening?
 Grand Buffet?

They're actually a duo. They opened for Magnolia Electric Co. a while back. I didn't care much for their music, but their between song banter was pretty funny.

slowgraffiti

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »
i'd really like to go but i don't know about this state theatre business. metro-ing there and back seems like too much trouble when coming from wheaton.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
Is there a metro station close to State Theater?

Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
  i'd really like to go but i don't know about this state theatre business. metro-ing there and back seems like too much trouble when coming from wheaton.
(_|_)

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:57:00 pm »
That info is on there website. West Falls Church is nearest station, I think they say it's six blocks away, or something to that effect.

Originally posted by Joe M.:
  Is there a metro station close to State Theater?

Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
[/b]

slowgraffiti

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
yeaaah but hour long metro rides early in the day don't really cut it with my parents... not after that b&s show when i got stuck at fort totten.

jude376

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »
I am totally there. Like you, Bags, I've missed them when they've been in town before and am sooo looking forward to seeing them.

What did folks think of last year's Sunlandic Twins? More electronic/dancey than previous releases, but I still dug it. A lot.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 01:41:00 pm »
worst show I attended in the last year, Grand Buffet and Of Montreal, maybe it was just an off night but Of Montreal sounded awful live, and Grand Buffet were embarrassingly bad

tinygee

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 01:41:00 pm »
Correction.......the nearest metro is east falls church, and that is a little more than a half mile walk from state theatre......

jude376

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
 worst show I attended in the last year, Grand Buffet and Of Montreal, maybe it was just an off night but Of Montreal sounded awful live, and Grand Buffet were embarrassingly bad
That's discouraging.   :confused:  We'll see how it turns out on Saturday.

azaghal1981

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 03:23:00 pm »
Should be a fun time. Looking forward to it. Also missed them every time they've been in town. I think the sunlandic twins is just as good as anything else they've put out.
احمد

jude376

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 04:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
 Should be a fun time. Looking forward to it. Also missed them every time they've been in town. I think the sunlandic twins is just as good as anything else they've put out.
I agree. It was just a little bit of a shock when I first heard it - not what I was expecting. But it didn't take long to convince me it was great stuff.

eltee

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »
I missed them at south by and also locally...Not sure if I'll make it...maybe. Not sure I want to see the opener. Think there will be a big crowd?
 I don't know set times either -- sometimes at State Theatre I feel like I'm waiting forever.

eltee

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by jude376:

Originally posted by pdx pollard:
That's discouraging.    :confused:   We'll see how it turns out on Saturday. [/b]
I've seen cabs milling about at that metro stop.