Author Topic: Elected roll call  (Read 1698 times)

alex

Elected roll call
« on: November 07, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
Soooo for those of us not cool enough to be going to the BSS show...who else is going to the Black Cat tonight?

Re: Elected roll call
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:00 pm »
I go to the Black Cat for the sofas.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:04:00 pm »
make sure to get there early and catch Whispertown!!

alex

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:28:00 am »
whispertown was not that good...but they have potential

margo and the nuclear so and so's were the real surprise of the evening, they were rad

Reod Dai

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 05:22:00 am »
Not much of a turnout, but then I didn't really expect one with DCfC and BSS in town.  I have a bad habit of getting to shows late and missing openers, so I made an effort to be there in time for Whispertown, and quite liked them.  Margot were indeed a surprise, they kicked some serious ass.  And The Elected were great, of course, though they'll never top the first time I saw them (in Seattle opening for Azure Ray).  Apparently Blake doesn't pull out his gas mask much anymore, nor does he call his mother before "C'mon, Mom" (which they didn't play tonight  :)

alex

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:24:00 am »
Well, I actually went to the Death Cab show on Monday...so it worked out since I got to see this last night.

Darth Ed

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:15:00 am »
I was pretty much there just for Margot. I mean, if Margot hadn't been performing, I probably would have stayed homee. I loved their album on first listen six months ago and have been waiting for them to finally come to town. The lead singer of Margot said they would be back in DC next year with a new album. Can't wait.

I really enjoyed the Elected's set as well. Thought they were great actually. I'd seen the before when they opened for Magic Numbers at the 9:30, and I liked them much more this time.

Whispertown were OK. Better than most openers on a three-bill Black Cat show for sure, but I wasn't at all compelled to purchase their CD(s).

bigyellow100

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »
man whispertown sucked...not too hard though.  i agree that margo and the nuclear so sos (?) were really excellent, and were the surprise cause ive never heard of them.  the elected were good, but their show with the magic numbers in cville a couple of months ago was soooo much better.

Reod Dai

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 03:59:00 am »
On an added note, I've fallen in love with Whispertown 2000's album, Livin' in a Dream.  I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do, because they weren't that great live, just really endearing.  But their album is wonderful.  So glad I decided to pick up a copy.   :)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 08:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Reod Dai:
  On an added note, I've fallen in love with Whispertown 2000's album, Livin' in a Dream.  I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do, because they weren't that great live, just really endearing.  But their album is wonderful.  So glad I decided to pick up a copy.    :)  
See?  It's a really solid album.  Blake produced.
 They might have been off live because half of their band was missing (unless they found replacement players last minute)...I suspect that was it.