Author Topic: Ticket Ordering System Must Be Changed  (Read 3588 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Ticket Ordering System Must Be Changed
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by amnesiac:
  I actually think Tickemaster is better. They don't charge for standard mail delivery or will-call. And they can handle the surges for the big shows, instead of putting you in a "virtual waiting room".
sing it...

that virtual waiting room is my only real beef with tickets.com - i'd be happy to support them if they could deal with surges.  

i believe that the difference between the two is political, i.e. TM is the big corporate meanie while tickets.com is perceived as the indie little guy.  their prices aren't that different - that's why i'd rather have TM, given their ability to handle surges.  

also, i've gotten TM to re-issue tickets i've lost, which was nice - dunno if tickets.com can do that. [/b]
I had an instance where tickets we bought for a sold out show at the 930 were never received.  We had our email confirmation with us.  When we went to the box office to explian the situation all we had to do was make a quick call on our cell to an 800 number and within a few minutes we had tickets at the box office.  This of course was through tickets.com.
FUKIT

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 03:44:00 pm »
You're lucky you were only purchasing $20 tickets.  Have you ever bought $60, $70, $80...$200 tickets from Ticketmaster before?  The "convenience fee" on two tickets can usually buy you another seat.  

But we know it sucks.  For shows that aren't going to sell out right away like Gogol, go to the club and forfeit that extra dolla.  It saves you ten.

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
Man, your allowance must be pretty hefty if you're forking over $200 for a show.  Is that what taking the trash out is worth nowadays?

Originally posted by you be betty:
 Have you ever bought $60, $70, $80...$200 tickets from Ticketmaster before?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 04:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Are bands still using musictoday to presale their own tickets?  While I recall lower service fees they  still existed.
yup, i got my primus tickets through musictoday, services charges were about half that of a TM order.  and i got kick-ass seats  :)   i'm about to add a few comments about the show in the appropriate thread...
<sig>

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 04:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Man, your allowance must be pretty hefty if you're forking over $200 for a show.  Is that what taking the trash out is worth nowadays?

[/b]
I get $12 a week from my dad and that's it, period.  Sometimes I tutor and I make about $18 an hour doing that...one hour a week when I'm doing it...so for all of you that have ever stooped to calling me spoiled, $12 barely pays for a movie in Bethesda...

When I payed for a $200 ticket I payed the entire thing myself and it took a loooooong time to save up.  Sometimes I'll do more pricey shows too if I really want to, but that's the most I've ever paid for a ticket.  I finance all of my own concert expeditions, because my father doesn't like the area OR sharing his money with his kids.  You can do the math.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 04:37:00 pm »
But shouldn't you be saving to pay your tuition bills?

Originally posted by nkotb:

[/b]
I get $12 a week from my dad and that's it, period.  Sometimes I tutor and I make about $18 an hour doing that...one hour a week when I'm doing it...so for all of you that have ever stooped to calling me spoiled, $12 barely pays for a movie in Bethesda...

When I payed for a $200 ticket I payed the entire thing myself and it took a loooooong time to save up.  Sometimes I'll do more pricey shows too if I really want to, but that's the most I've ever paid for a ticket.  I finance all of my own concert expeditions, because my father doesn't like the area OR sharing his money with his kids.  You can do the math. [/b]

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 04:50:00 pm »
 I get $12 a week from my dad and that's it, period.  
My parents let me use their credit cards.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Are bands still using musictoday to presale their own tickets?  While I recall lower service fees they  still existed.
i know musictoday still does tickets. im finding that ticketweb (owned by TM) still has very cheap service charges. And I dont recall paying anything to have tix held at will-call. actually will-call is the only option im finding in NYC. it seems the only place to have hard tickets is irving plaza and they are using live nation for their tix. dont remember how their service charges are.
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 05:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Like my computer class instructor from Serbia said last week:

You Americans, you are a country of Why? Why? Why? I am from Serbia. When they say it's so, it is so.
It's that kind of thinking that allowed Tito and Milosevic to rule with an iron fist for so long.
27>34

ggw

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 08:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  Like my computer class instructor from Serbia said last week:

You Americans, you are a country of Why? Why? Why? I am from Serbia. When they say it's so, it is so.

Ask him how many women he raped in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 09:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by georgewendt:
   How is it that two $20 tickets come to a total of $53.50?  
Originally posted by georgewendt:

20    (Ticket)
            20    (Ticket)
             9.50 (Convenience Fee)
             4    (Handling Fee)
           ----------
           $53.50

It's called "addition"! You may know it as "figurin'" if you're from the South.