Author Topic: Selling Tickets to Popular Concerts  (Read 1484 times)

bagelboy1978

Selling Tickets to Popular Concerts
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:53:00 pm »
I have interesting idea on selling tickets to popular concerts at the 930 club. Here is my idea. Why not have people sign up for a random drawing this allows any person one day from the time they get the random e-mail to go in and get there tickets if they are selected If there are any left over they can release them to the public. If you are wondering how this must happen it has to be the promoter. That is right the promoter. So when you bitch and moan as I did with Audioslave you should bitch to Audioslaves promoter. They knew they were playing in small clubs and they could of decided to make it a little more fair for the average fan to get tickets. Instead they took the easy way out as the majority of bands do and let tickets.com handle their presale and their public sale. Wouldn't you know there  are 200 tickets on Ebay for a concert that probably only sold around 900 tickets. For those of you counting at home that at least 18% of tickets available that are now on sale on Ebay. Make the people sign up through the band website or tickets.com and put in an actual mailing address and credit card and then make them use it at the show to get the tickets. This is how Good Charlotte did it and I for one was very pleased. With technology the way it is, you cannot be too shocked that is always the same people getting the tickets.

Chip Chanko

Re: Selling Tickets to Popular Concerts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 02:24:00 am »
We need a national i.d. and Audioslave should play D.A.R. because it has better acoustics and can fit more peeps. GO REPUBLICANS!

kcjones119

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
Originally posted by bagelboy1978:
   This is how Good Charlotte did it and I for one was very pleased.
So you're the one who's pleased with Good Charlotte.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
i never thought i would ever hear that sentence.

kcjones119

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
Once again Good Charlotte blazing new trails, setting the industry standard....so groundbreaking in every way, especially ticket issuing procedures.

eltee

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:08:00 am »
You almost had me bagelboy - until this comment. Kidding, you didn't really have me, I'm neutral on your idea. I empathsize with you, kudos on trying to make things better. (Psst, cut the GCh comment to give your petition more plight! ;) )

bagelboy1978

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 12:56:00 pm »
Ok., I still get a lot of slack for going to this concert. Hey I was a teenager when I started listening to these guys. But in all seriousness what is wrong with my idea. We all know Audioslave will sell out in seconds. Why can't they send out a random e-mail. If we the fans don't step up then we will continue to be bashed by these shady ticketing processes.

Steps:
 1) Sign up through Band Website with name, e-mail and home address. Have the band/tickets.com run a lottery. The people that get the e-mail get a chance to get the tickets. In addition the ticket limit is (2) as opposed to (4). Also the person that buys the tickets must use the tickets, pick up tickets at will-call. Then the left over tickets can go to the public and those shady ticket brokers can sell those tickets. Which will run them out of business because there will not be a lot of tickets left.

Not a shabby idea if I do say so myself.

pip

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
  Ok., I still get a lot of slack for going to this concert. Hey I was a teenager when I started listening to these guys. But in all seriousness what is wrong with my idea. We all know Audioslave will sell out in seconds. Why can't they send out a random e-mail. If we the fans don't step up then we will continue to be bashed by these shady ticketing processes.

Steps:
 1) Sign up through Band Website with name, e-mail and home address. Have the band/tickets.com run a lottery. The people that get the e-mail get a chance to get the tickets. In addition the ticket limit is (2) as opposed to (4). Also the person that buys the tickets must use the tickets, pick up tickets at will-call. Then the left over tickets can go to the public and those shady ticket brokers can sell those tickets. Which will run them out of business because there will not be a lot of tickets left.

Not a shabby idea if I do say so myself.
Would you still think it's a good idea if you had lost the lottery and missed out on the GC show?

bagelboy1978

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 10:10:00 pm »
yes, at least it is fair

poorlulu

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 11:06:00 pm »
I think the thing to remember is that if a band sells out that quickly, less than a day, then it means the band is far too popular. There is no way any self-respecting hipster would want to see any such show.....

SPARX

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 04:59:00 pm »
Lollapalooza is allowing only 2 tickets per credit card for their pre-sale.Does anybody think that is extreme in the other direction or the right amount? As long as it's GA it wouldn't be a big deal but if not...

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  Lollapalooza is allowing only 2 tickets per credit card for their pre-sale.Does anybody think that is extreme in the other direction or the right amount? As long as it's GA it wouldn't be a big deal but if not...
I was going to suggest this yesterday. these 8 ticket limits are high enough so that for a 1000 person show , you could conceivably have like a couple hundred people buy up all the tickets within minutes.

with seated venues, not a good idea, but GA shows, 2 tickets per person, sounds good to me!

jakez468

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 08:31:00 pm »
why should 930 care who buys the tix? they still get paid for the tix whether it is a scalper or a real fan...they get paid, regardless of the type of person the buyer is. what would the club's motivation be for changing the policy?

bagelboy1978

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
Jake,

You obviously were not listening. The band decides how the tickets are sold. Not the venue.