Author Topic: First post !!!  (Read 7729 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: First post !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 12:15:32 pm »
like this?

Yeah, but usually the pictures would be larger and I'd do like 15 in a row. As you can imagine, it was a "love it or hate it" thing.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 12:16:33 pm »
as i was telling the powers to be last night, it would only be a matter of time before the users around here starting finding the "special" features....

as far as the members list, that should be going away at some point.. it's a bit pointless to have a list of 18K available when most of them are inactive.
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:52 pm »
check...check...thump-thump-thump

So far so good.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »
the one new gizmo i really like about the new forum is being able to click the new graphic and jumping right down to proper place in the forum...
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
Just thought of something. We don't have a Buddy List anymore, do we? I loved that function. That's a very important reason to keep an active Members List.

Occasionally, I would want to PM someone who hasn't posted for awhile or maybe they've changed up their visable user name but you didn't catch on yet. (Yet another extremely good reason to display the Member Number!!!)

Would be nice to have a way of keeping track of your forum friends.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
There is a buddy list feature for the forum it's just not enabled at the moment. I did consider activating it here and should be able to do so seeing as it was a feature of the old forum. 
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 01:10:08 pm »
Thank you for making yesterday my most productive day at work in the history of my employment.

And to follow up with today being my least productive - impressive.

Nice work on the new curtains and carpet, lads.

EDIT: and this is annoying "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:57 pm »
One other thing.  I was storing info in my PMs which are now gone - are those gone forever?
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 01:13:05 pm »
Totally agree, I had forgotten about that "feature" being included in SMF having encountered it on another forum.  Need to figure out how to disable it...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 01:21:49 pm »

EDIT: and this is annoying "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post."

This can be fixed globally, but in the mean time you can change under it your own profile.

Profile > Look & Layout > Don't warn on new replies made while posting.
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »

Seems to me that I saw a disable funtion in our profiles for that. Try your profile account settings or preferences. I'm considering turning it off myself.

EDIT: So here Kosmo verifies this while also showing us why we might want to keep it enabled.  ::) ;D

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 01:39:20 pm »
Worked like a charm, thanks.  All kinds of other fun stuff there too!
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 01:44:17 pm »
One other thing.  I was storing info in my PMs which are now gone - are those gone forever?

Nevermind.  Just saw the other discussion and must have missed the sticky. 

It's OK, I was never going to call those girls when they turned 24 anyway.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »
the ability to reverse the order of the posts in a thread with the newest on top is interesting, however it doesn't work so well with the quick reply function.   switching the order could be good for long running threads like Just announced...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 02:15:31 pm »
the ability to reverse the order of the posts in a thread with the newest on top is interesting, however it doesn't work so well with the quick reply function.   switching the order could be good for long running threads like Just announced...

That's actually the first change I made.   Well, except for making my default time West Coast time.

With the fewer number of posts per page, I'd rather just click the name of the thread than page number 87.....
27>34