Author Topic: forum christmas party with santathatguy and seth paying for it all?  (Read 6108 times)

walkonby

Re: forum christmas party with santathatguy and seth paying for it all?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 10:52:41 am »
don't be mad at sweetnsour.  he has to piss on anything i say.  it's in his contract.

eltee

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 11:35:22 am »
<3 Use the new search tool: "forum party"....and the summer version at MPP counts.;)

Didn't we just have a mini-forumite party that you all missed? ;)

I'd be up for trekking out again...(I want another mix from sonick!) but IOTA this Sat., Oasis next.
I might be at the club next Friday for a friend's performance. Although next Friday might tough for the club to host b/c of the early/late show schedule...?

Love the santathatguy photo! Oh, that's evilsanta under the tree...waiting to electrocute santathatguy. 
(:o puddle??)

madgypsy

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 01:23:46 pm »
*insert joke about Ross' height here*

Those aren't my feet...but regardless, you shall pay!!!!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:03 pm »
Yeah, we use to have more Forum Parties.

More importantly, we never really waited for an official Forum Party to get together. In fact, that was the real purpose of the Roll Calls back several years ago. As we got to know each other, we knew who to scout out to hang with before, during and after the show. Added to that, we finally got to meet those we only knew on the forum. The Roll Calls also helped to get others out to any given show because we all knew that not only would we see a show but we would have a group of friends to gather and socialize with. That's almost gone by the wayside these days with the Roll Calls being not much more than a scripted notation. Part of that is because a bulk of the regulars have moved out of the area. No excuse! We still have plenty left and lots of new members to take their physical place.

That's why it warmed my heart when I read about El Tee and Rhett meeting up at the Nada Surf show. It's no secret that this forum just isn't as active or as chummy as it use to be. We could use a little more of these socially active Roll Calls and Forum Parties to get us back in the swing of things.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:27:04 pm by Jaguar »

killsaly

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
This sounds like a great idea.  It is always nice to put a face behind a screenname and have a party. 

walkonby

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 09:56:05 pm »
i guess i should of clarified about the "paying for it all" part, seeing how seth may take it the wrong way.  i only meant the use of the club one evening, that no band is playing, some free pizzas perhaps(ala beastie boys) sodas for the wee ones, santathatguy, seth throwing stickers from the stage . . . you know, christmas goodiness.  Alcohol is always "bring your own" at christmas parties, or buy your own at the club, and never expected to be provided.  that's asking too much.  i'll even hug sweetcell under the mistletoe.   ::) 

Samantha

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 02:58:54 am »
Ah yes, I attended a forum Christmas party back in the day.

I like how everyone's talking about it, but nobody's taking the bull by the horns.

Let's start here:

Since we're already into December, let's say January.  Now, out of all the Friday or Saturdays in January, tell us when you're free.  We can pick a date from there?  (It's worth a try.)

Arthwys

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 12:58:38 pm »
Ah yes, I attended a forum Christmas party back in the day.

I like how everyone's talking about it, but nobody's taking the bull by the horns.

Let's start here:

Since we're already into December, let's say January.  Now, out of all the Friday or Saturdays in January, tell us when you're free.  We can pick a date from there?  (It's worth a try.)

I'm up for this.  Fridays and Saturdays in January?  Perhaps the 2nd or 3rd weekend in Jan would do.  I've always thought it would be nice to put faces to names.  Only forum member that I've knowingly met is Beatsnotbeats. 

*Edit*  Well, I've of course passed by Thatguy many times and spoken to him once or twice, but I was just a random concert goer to him.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:00:22 pm by Arthwys »
Emrys

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 02:17:09 pm »
Best day for me is the 17th of Jan. I never come to DC but i will be there that night due to the Boston Bruins being in town. 

Although that weekend could be hectic in DC with that Obama guy's little party.

diediemydarling

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 10:36:03 am »
itll be more than hectic for the inaguration, i dare leave the house that day.