Author Topic: Best Albums of 2008  (Read 40330 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Best Albums of 2008
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2008, 04:16:13 pm »
Found it.

Ahh...good ol' google cache

One of the most absurd things I've ever read.
احمد

vansmack

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2008, 07:34:44 pm »
According to Itunes, these were my favorites

Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Kings of Leon - Only by the Night
Vampire Weekend
Katy Perry - One of the Boys
Dr. Dog - Fate
TVOTR - Dear Science
AC/DC - Black Ice
Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
Santogold
REM - Accelerate

27>34

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 09:27:41 pm »
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus! Dig!
Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree
Nada Surf - Lucky
The Kills - Midnight Boom
Juana Molina - Un Dia (!!!!!!!!)
Arthur Russell - Love is Overtaking Me
Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
Hercules and Love Affair - s/t
Juliana Hatfield - How to Walk Away
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah, Part 1: 4th World War

That's my top 10 in no certain order.

(Did the Drive-By Truckers album come out this year? I just got into them this year, but I *really* think it's good.)

UGHHHHHH, I totally left off:

-Kelley Polar, "I Need You to Hold On While the Sky is Falling"
-Martina Topley-Bird, "The Blue God"
-Dido, "Safe Trip Home"
-Morgan Geist, "Double Night Time"

All four of those are prime examples of phenomenal, overlooked music this year.

That Kelley Polar record is the most ambitious, experimental dance record of the year, and it has totally grown on me exponentially.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:45:06 pm by ixkpd-bk »
Woof.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 04:53:38 pm »
Usually I avoid creating best of lists mostly because I can never remember everything and inadvertantly leave a lot of good stuff off. Also, there are always those releases that didn't come into your life until the following year that were a best of for the year for you but some anal retentive type will make a point of noting that any given album was actually released in the UK 2 years prior.

Anyway, the following are far from my only faves of 2008 but getting listed here solely to be noted as some of my favorties of 2008.

Tears Run Rings - Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never
Soundpool - Dichotomies & Dreamland
The Ruling Class - Tour de Force (7" w/ EP CD)
93MillionMilesFromTheSun - 93MillionMilesFromTheSun (Promo full length)
The Black Angels - Directions To See A Ghost
The Fakes - I know You Are Smiling Because You Are Asleep

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:39:31 pm by Jaguar »

azaghal1981

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 05:08:46 pm »
Not to mention all the 2008 stuff you'll hear for the first time after the year has ended.

I just found this, for instance:
Hans-Joachim Roedelius & Tim Story - Inlandish

Very pretty synth/strings compositions.

Edit: Didn't Hammock - Maybe They Will Sing For Us Tomorrow come out this year?

That was pretty great.

Edit2: This Roedelius/Story is really, really good!

Must-hear for fans of anything Roedelius has done.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:37:19 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 05:45:55 pm »

Edit: Didn't Hammock - Maybe They Will Sing For Us Tomorrow come out this year?

Yes.

In fact, I totally forget to note Hammock in my best live shows of 2008 along with God Is An Astronaut. Most embarrasing part of that is that God publically thanked me for something I did for them and dedicated a song to me. Dementia is such a bitch sometimes.
::)

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 08:43:23 am »
1. Fleet Foxes- The self titled debut+ the Sun Giant e.p.

When I first read about this band, with comparisons to CSNY, the Moody Blues, and the acoustic side of Zeppelin, I  thought "No thanks." Then I read comparisons to the Beach Boys and Neil Young (minus the CSN), so I figured I'd give  it a shot. And boy was I rewarded. Each song sounds timeless as well as fresh. And unlike most indie rockers, these  Seattle boys can actually sing. Some of the lyrics would be downright corny coming from anybody else, but it's  perfect coming from their mouths. A runaway for my favorite album of the year, as well as a critical favorite and  listener poll favorite.

2. Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson- Rattlin Bones

Kasey Chambers has always had one of those squeaky voices where any more than a little goes alot too far. Her  alt-country leanings were fine, though neither alt nor country enough to pique my interest. Happily, those two  complaints were remedied with this album. Her voice is tempered and toned when combined and complemented with that  of her husband, fellow Aussie Shane Nicholson. Together, they opt to put the emphasis on the COUNTRY rather than the  ALT, a decision that serves them well. Some voices were made to sing together: George and Tammy, Gram and Emmylou,  Conway and Loretta, Clay and Celine (nah, forget that one); these two must be added to the list. This album went #1  in Australia and won all kinds of awards there, but won't make a dent here. Our loss.

3. Shearwater- Rook

Admittedly, what little I knew about this band before their latest album was that they were some sort of arty  offshoot of Okkervil River. Then I saw that they were playing Millenium Stage, so I gave them a listen and though it  sounded a little bit prettier and a tad more fey than my typical tastes, I was intrigued. Then I saw them live, and  forgive the cliche', but I was darn near close to being blown away. I later read an article about the lead singer's  side gig passion for ornithology, and that explains all of the wildlife imagery contained in this song cycle. Long  story short: imagine Jeff Buckley singing songs about birds, with much more interesting musical accompaniment, and  you have your introduction to this one.

4.Drive By Truckers- Brighter Than Creation's Dark

DBT made two of my favorite three albums of this decade, but their last one won't even land in my top 100. This one  is a fine step back in the right direction. It more or less leaves behind the Stones/Faces/Replacements vibe of the  last album (which DBT did reasonably well, but what band doesn't?) amd returns to the more country-ish roots of  their earliest week. And even without guitar god Jason Isbell they still crank out one of the two best rawk shows  (along with Wilco) of any band out there.

5. Dr. Dog- Fate

I was exposed to Dr. Dog accidentally, early in their career when I caught them opening for Bobby Bare. A solid live  act, but their eight track power pop actually felt too underproduced when I heard the recorded version. This record  was one where the increased production sheen actually helped me like it more. Shades of the Band, the Beach Boys,  the Beatles, and Wilco. Ok, nothing at all innovative here, but there's little innovation in chocolate ice cream,  but I'll eat a well produced bowl of that any day you stick it in my face.

6. Death Cab for Cutie- Narrow Stairs

I've never been able to make sense of this bands appeal...their music always sounded much less melodic and acessible  than their less successful brethren Nada Surf. Less accessible yet not terribly interesting, to me. Despite that,  this album clicked for me. The one-two starter punch of Bixby Canyon Bridge and I Will Possess Zooey's Heart is  followed by a solid set of (for me) more melodic and accessible songs, including the poignant breakup lyrics of Your  New Twin Sized Bed.

7. Santogold- Santogold

A 30something chick from Philly who previously worked on the business side of the record industry and seemingly got  her shit from MIA, I'm all over that one. Just kidding. Based on the bio, I didn't want to like her. But musically,  she's more realized than MIA; combining elements of hip hop, reggae, punk, new wave, dance and soul into a delicious  melange of modern music. Oh, and check out the album cover. This chick can puke alot of gold.

8. Okkervil River- The Stand Ins

Rhett Miller was once the poster boy for twangy literate pretty boys writing and hiccuping out heartbreaking tales  that intertwined the perils of the road and the woes of failed romance for alt-country fans who probably didn't  really like country music. And somehow he'd write that last sentence in both a more poetic and more coherent way  than I did. But then The Fool went and got a beautiful wife and made beautiful children and mediocre, more blandly  written happy music. Thankfully the world has his less pretty cross state compatriot Will Sheff to pick up and  advance the hiccup singer flag for him. This album is the sequel to 2007's great album the Stage Names. It doesn't  quite measure up to that one, but doesn't need to.

9. Frigthened Rabbit- Midnight Organ Fight

Another one that I almost missed, but then I found it. Imagine John Roderick of the Long Winters singing painfully  honest and sometime brutal (like the security guards in a French museum) breakup lyrics, accompanied by the guitar  stylings of early 80's era Edge (but don't imagine Adam Clayton's bass, because this three guitar band doesn't use  one). Some might say this record is a tad generic, but the key to winning when you're generic is being better than  your competition, and these guys are.

10. The Walkmen- You and Me

This is another band that I've always managed to avoid before this year. They sounded like Dylan fronting the  Strokes and they had DC prep school origins. Reasons enough to avoid them. But this album seemed less Dylan AND  less Strokes, and more Joe Henry, and just a plain old good listen start to finish. One of those albums where the  sum was greater than the parts. No stellar singles, but the songs just blend seemlessly together.

11. Calexico- Carried To Dust

A two pronged band that combines very cool mariachi inspired Southwestern flavored songs with blander alt-rock fare.  That would describe these guys. Fortunately, this records tips in the direction of the former, and makes it a  winner.

12. Liam Finn- I'll Be Lightning

This album for me instantly exceeded it's two touchpoints, the Beatles and Crowded House. Though admittedly, I've  always felt rather neutral regarding both of those acts (give me the Stones (or the Kinks or the Who) over the  Beatles any day). But once I saw his disappointing one man, slightly larger but musically less  than one woman live  act, my love for his album came back to earth. Nonetheless, a very solid tuneful pop album, and the world could use  more of those.

13. Dengue Fever- Venus on Earth

You can take a Cambodian pop star out or Cambodia and throw her in a room of Silver Lake hipsters, but she'll still  make you a lovely album of loungey, surf, garagey psychedically groovy ditties. This one slightly exceeds their  previous excellent effort Escape from Dragon House, including a couple of (for the first time, I think) English  language songs.

14. Patty Loveless- Sleepless Nights

Patty Loveless has long had one of the best singing voices in mainstream country. Put it with the right material and  right production, in this case a bevy of classic country tunes, and of course you're going to get a strong record.

15. Nada Surf- Lucky

Those whose tastes never progressed beyond the 90's will no doubt recall this Popular band. If you were Lucky enough  to have missed them in the 90's and picked up on them in THIS decade, you probably already know that they delivered  their second straight strong (yet unspectacular) collection of shimmering power pop following 2002's spectacular Let  Go.

16. Devotchka- A Mad and Faitful Telling

For those unfamiliar: Little Miss Sunshine. Though 2004's classic How It Ends remains the one Devotchka album you  really need to own, this one would be good to have in case your one year old moves How It Ends to someplace where it  can't be located. Forget Gogol Bordello and Beirut, this is Eastern European gypsy music for the 2000's and beyond.

17. Thao and the Get Down Stay Down- We Brave Bee Stings and All.

She first came across as a less earthy indie version of Jolie Holland who had been listening to alot of Feist. Then  I found out she was an Asian chick (actually her name sort of clued be in on that part from the getgo) from the same  suburban DC county I live in. Since we got nothing new from Feist this year, this was the next best thing.

18. She and Him- Volume One

Actress Zooey Deschanel) advanced up the food chain of musical boyfriends...some guy from Maroon 5, Jason  Schwartzman, all the way to M. Ward, to finally settling for Ben Gibbard. She also wrote some hearfelt  pop/alt-countryish tunes and then the great M. managed to successfully dress up her less than beautiful voice and  make her sound like a real musician much, much moreso than that TV on the Radio guy did for Scarlett johansen.

19. Hayden- In Town and Field

Hayden, like Nada Surf, is to some seemingly a relic of the 90's. Undoubtedly, he's a more minor character in the  music of that decade as well as the current one. Nonetheless, his output has improved as albums have come, so much  so that this one lands on my list. The world needs more wistful singer-songwriter stuff like it needs a global  financial crisis. But if Josh Rouse's genius has gone the way of my 401K, I'll take replacements like this.

20. Jamie Lidell- Jim

I'm a sucker for old Motown/Stax retro soul sounds. So is Raphael Saadiq. He  left the new jack behind and went  retro with his latest. Jamie Lidell is as well. He left his modern electronica sounds behind to make a totally retro  album too. And what do you know? The white guy from England winehoused (that's definition #1 of 5 in the dictionary  for the use of winehouse as a verb) the black guy from Oakland, putting out a better record from start to finish.

Best reissues/best ofs/live albums etc: Josh Rouse-Rykodisk Years, Belle and Sebastian-BBC Sessions, Nick Lowe-Jesus  of Cool, Neil Young-Live and Canterbury House

Most overrated albums (by critics) TV on the Radio, Portishead, the Hold Steady, Kings of Leon

Most Disappointing albums, though not surprisingly so: Old 97's, the Hold Steady, Of Montreal

Best live shows: Wilco-9:30 Club, DBT-9:30 Club, Old 97's-Tractor Tavern, Shearwater-Millenium Stage Nada Surf-all  three times I saw them.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:22 pm »
heres my best of mix cd for 08

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IEZ2XYI5
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 03:21:58 pm »

That's so yesterday's news (hehe).....and here I thought I was the only one that liked the new REM.
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »
hahaha for the select few - this is old news. for everyone else - not so much. and im sure most people will hate about half the songs :) and i loved the new REM album! :) of course we also liked coldplay. must be a california thing!

That's so yesterday's news (hehe).....and here I thought I was the only one that liked the new REM.
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2009, 10:23:27 am »
Do you write for PASTE magazine or FILTER?  ;D

1. Fleet Foxes- The self titled debut+ the Sun Giant e.p.

When I first read about this band, with comparisons to CSNY, the Moody Blues, and the acoustic side of Zeppelin, I  thought "No thanks." Then I read comparisons to the Beach Boys and Neil Young (minus the CSN), so I figured I'd give  it a shot. And boy was I rewarded. Each song sounds timeless as well as fresh. And unlike most indie rockers, these  Seattle boys can actually sing. Some of the lyrics would be downright corny coming from anybody else, but it's  perfect coming from their mouths. A runaway for my favorite album of the year, as well as a critical favorite and  listener poll favorite.

2. Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson- Rattlin Bones

Kasey Chambers has always had one of those squeaky voices where any more than a little goes alot too far. Her  alt-country leanings were fine, though neither alt nor country enough to pique my interest. Happily, those two  complaints were remedied with this album. Her voice is tempered and toned when combined and complemented with that  of her husband, fellow Aussie Shane Nicholson. Together, they opt to put the emphasis on the COUNTRY rather than the  ALT, a decision that serves them well. Some voices were made to sing together: George and Tammy, Gram and Emmylou,  Conway and Loretta, Clay and Celine (nah, forget that one); these two must be added to the list. This album went #1  in Australia and won all kinds of awards there, but won't make a dent here. Our loss.

3. Shearwater- Rook

Admittedly, what little I knew about this band before their latest album was that they were some sort of arty  offshoot of Okkervil River. Then I saw that they were playing Millenium Stage, so I gave them a listen and though it  sounded a little bit prettier and a tad more fey than my typical tastes, I was intrigued. Then I saw them live, and  forgive the cliche', but I was darn near close to being blown away. I later read an article about the lead singer's  side gig passion for ornithology, and that explains all of the wildlife imagery contained in this song cycle. Long  story short: imagine Jeff Buckley singing songs about birds, with much more interesting musical accompaniment, and  you have your introduction to this one.

4.Drive By Truckers- Brighter Than Creation's Dark

DBT made two of my favorite three albums of this decade, but their last one won't even land in my top 100. This one  is a fine step back in the right direction. It more or less leaves behind the Stones/Faces/Replacements vibe of the  last album (which DBT did reasonably well, but what band doesn't?) amd returns to the more country-ish roots of  their earliest week. And even without guitar god Jason Isbell they still crank out one of the two best rawk shows  (along with Wilco) of any band out there.

5. Dr. Dog- Fate

I was exposed to Dr. Dog accidentally, early in their career when I caught them opening for Bobby Bare. A solid live  act, but their eight track power pop actually felt too underproduced when I heard the recorded version. This record  was one where the increased production sheen actually helped me like it more. Shades of the Band, the Beach Boys,  the Beatles, and Wilco. Ok, nothing at all innovative here, but there's little innovation in chocolate ice cream,  but I'll eat a well produced bowl of that any day you stick it in my face.

6. Death Cab for Cutie- Narrow Stairs

I've never been able to make sense of this bands appeal...their music always sounded much less melodic and acessible  than their less successful brethren Nada Surf. Less accessible yet not terribly interesting, to me. Despite that,  this album clicked for me. The one-two starter punch of Bixby Canyon Bridge and I Will Possess Zooey's Heart is  followed by a solid set of (for me) more melodic and accessible songs, including the poignant breakup lyrics of Your  New Twin Sized Bed.

7. Santogold- Santogold

A 30something chick from Philly who previously worked on the business side of the record industry and seemingly got  her shit from MIA, I'm all over that one. Just kidding. Based on the bio, I didn't want to like her. But musically,  she's more realized than MIA; combining elements of hip hop, reggae, punk, new wave, dance and soul into a delicious  melange of modern music. Oh, and check out the album cover. This chick can puke alot of gold.

8. Okkervil River- The Stand Ins

Rhett Miller was once the poster boy for twangy literate pretty boys writing and hiccuping out heartbreaking tales  that intertwined the perils of the road and the woes of failed romance for alt-country fans who probably didn't  really like country music. And somehow he'd write that last sentence in both a more poetic and more coherent way  than I did. But then The Fool went and got a beautiful wife and made beautiful children and mediocre, more blandly  written happy music. Thankfully the world has his less pretty cross state compatriot Will Sheff to pick up and  advance the hiccup singer flag for him. This album is the sequel to 2007's great album the Stage Names. It doesn't  quite measure up to that one, but doesn't need to.

9. Frigthened Rabbit- Midnight Organ Fight

Another one that I almost missed, but then I found it. Imagine John Roderick of the Long Winters singing painfully  honest and sometime brutal (like the security guards in a French museum) breakup lyrics, accompanied by the guitar  stylings of early 80's era Edge (but don't imagine Adam Clayton's bass, because this three guitar band doesn't use  one). Some might say this record is a tad generic, but the key to winning when you're generic is being better than  your competition, and these guys are.

10. The Walkmen- You and Me

This is another band that I've always managed to avoid before this year. They sounded like Dylan fronting the  Strokes and they had DC prep school origins. Reasons enough to avoid them. But this album seemed less Dylan AND  less Strokes, and more Joe Henry, and just a plain old good listen start to finish. One of those albums where the  sum was greater than the parts. No stellar singles, but the songs just blend seemlessly together.

11. Calexico- Carried To Dust

A two pronged band that combines very cool mariachi inspired Southwestern flavored songs with blander alt-rock fare.  That would describe these guys. Fortunately, this records tips in the direction of the former, and makes it a  winner.

12. Liam Finn- I'll Be Lightning

This album for me instantly exceeded it's two touchpoints, the Beatles and Crowded House. Though admittedly, I've  always felt rather neutral regarding both of those acts (give me the Stones (or the Kinks or the Who) over the  Beatles any day). But once I saw his disappointing one man, slightly larger but musically less  than one woman live  act, my love for his album came back to earth. Nonetheless, a very solid tuneful pop album, and the world could use  more of those.

13. Dengue Fever- Venus on Earth

You can take a Cambodian pop star out or Cambodia and throw her in a room of Silver Lake hipsters, but she'll still  make you a lovely album of loungey, surf, garagey psychedically groovy ditties. This one slightly exceeds their  previous excellent effort Escape from Dragon House, including a couple of (for the first time, I think) English  language songs.

14. Patty Loveless- Sleepless Nights

Patty Loveless has long had one of the best singing voices in mainstream country. Put it with the right material and  right production, in this case a bevy of classic country tunes, and of course you're going to get a strong record.

15. Nada Surf- Lucky

Those whose tastes never progressed beyond the 90's will no doubt recall this Popular band. If you were Lucky enough  to have missed them in the 90's and picked up on them in THIS decade, you probably already know that they delivered  their second straight strong (yet unspectacular) collection of shimmering power pop following 2002's spectacular Let  Go.

16. Devotchka- A Mad and Faitful Telling

For those unfamiliar: Little Miss Sunshine. Though 2004's classic How It Ends remains the one Devotchka album you  really need to own, this one would be good to have in case your one year old moves How It Ends to someplace where it  can't be located. Forget Gogol Bordello and Beirut, this is Eastern European gypsy music for the 2000's and beyond.

17. Thao and the Get Down Stay Down- We Brave Bee Stings and All.

She first came across as a less earthy indie version of Jolie Holland who had been listening to alot of Feist. Then  I found out she was an Asian chick (actually her name sort of clued be in on that part from the getgo) from the same  suburban DC county I live in. Since we got nothing new from Feist this year, this was the next best thing.

18. She and Him- Volume One

Actress Zooey Deschanel) advanced up the food chain of musical boyfriends...some guy from Maroon 5, Jason  Schwartzman, all the way to M. Ward, to finally settling for Ben Gibbard. She also wrote some hearfelt  pop/alt-countryish tunes and then the great M. managed to successfully dress up her less than beautiful voice and  make her sound like a real musician much, much moreso than that TV on the Radio guy did for Scarlett johansen.

19. Hayden- In Town and Field

Hayden, like Nada Surf, is to some seemingly a relic of the 90's. Undoubtedly, he's a more minor character in the  music of that decade as well as the current one. Nonetheless, his output has improved as albums have come, so much  so that this one lands on my list. The world needs more wistful singer-songwriter stuff like it needs a global  financial crisis. But if Josh Rouse's genius has gone the way of my 401K, I'll take replacements like this.

20. Jamie Lidell- Jim

I'm a sucker for old Motown/Stax retro soul sounds. So is Raphael Saadiq. He  left the new jack behind and went  retro with his latest. Jamie Lidell is as well. He left his modern electronica sounds behind to make a totally retro  album too. And what do you know? The white guy from England winehoused (that's definition #1 of 5 in the dictionary  for the use of winehouse as a verb) the black guy from Oakland, putting out a better record from start to finish.

Best reissues/best ofs/live albums etc: Josh Rouse-Rykodisk Years, Belle and Sebastian-BBC Sessions, Nick Lowe-Jesus  of Cool, Neil Young-Live and Canterbury House

Most overrated albums (by critics) TV on the Radio, Portishead, the Hold Steady, Kings of Leon

Most Disappointing albums, though not surprisingly so: Old 97's, the Hold Steady, Of Montreal

Best live shows: Wilco-9:30 Club, DBT-9:30 Club, Old 97's-Tractor Tavern, Shearwater-Millenium Stage Nada Surf-all  three times I saw them.
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2009, 12:23:49 pm »
Do you write for PASTE magazine or FILTER?  ;D

Now now, this was an unusually generous post that actually dealt with music. I applaud you Mister Man.
oword

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2009, 01:43:28 am »
1.  Songs In A&E-Spiritualized
2.  Where You Go I Go Too-Lindstrom
3.  The Astral Projections Of Starlight ? Woolfy vs Projections
4.  Live at 013 Tilburg-The Heads
5.  Vol. 1-Wooden Shjips
6.  The Holy Pictures-David Holmes
7.  Colors Of The Sun-Hatchback
8.  Doomsdayer's Holiday-Grails
9.  Indian Giver-Spectrum Meets Captain Memphis
10. Luna-The Aliens

My favorite song of the year is Don't Turn Away (From My Love) by Lovelock from my favortie comp of the year Cosmic Balearic Beats Vol. 1.

hutch

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:49 am »
1.  Songs In A&E-Spiritualized
2.  Where You Go I Go Too-Lindstrom
3.  The Astral Projections Of Starlight ? Woolfy vs Projections
4.  Live at 013 Tilburg-The Heads
5.  Vol. 1-Wooden Shjips
6.  The Holy Pictures-David Holmes
7.  Colors Of The Sun-Hatchback
8.  Doomsdayer's Holiday-Grails
9.  Indian Giver-Spectrum Meets Captain Memphis
10. Luna-The Aliens

My favorite song of the year is Don't Turn Away (From My Love) by Lovelock from my favortie comp of the year Cosmic Balearic Beats Vol. 1.

This must be the most obscure top 10 I've ever seen ? Who are these people???? I recognize Holmes and spiritualized but the rest???

nkotb

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2009, 08:50:59 am »
5.  Vol. 1-Wooden Shjips

I had no clue they put out an album this year.