Author Topic: Bands You Miss Seeing Live  (Read 15414 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Bands You Miss Seeing Live
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 11:26:14 am »
You can add Air Miami to that list...saw them once with Spectrum and the Ropers at the Black Cat, THAT was a great show.

Darth Ed

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 12:36:04 pm »
I'm going to add The Arcade Fire to my list. I know they're still around, but they tour so infrequently, apparently only one tour per album. Would it kill them to tour a little more? I've only seen them twice, the first time at the Club in January 2005 and last time being the D.A.R. concert in 2007, and their shows rank as some of my all-time favorites.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 12:47:43 pm »
They toured 3 times for the first album, but DC area was ignored twice, including the first proper tour of small venues :P  They performed 3 nights in a row in San Francisco the 2nd time around (I saw them there twice!).  :o :o :o

I believe they opened for The Unicorns at the Black Cat (DFA1979 also on bill), but this was prior to the release of the first album...

http://www.arcadefire.net/tour/past/

I'm going to add The Arcade Fire to my list. I know they're still around, but they tour so infrequently, apparently only one tour per album. Would it kill them to tour a little more? I've only seen them twice, the first time at the Club in January 2005 and last time being the D.A.R. concert in 2007, and their shows rank as some of my all-time favorites.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:57:27 pm by wanderlust joe m. »
(_|_)

Darth Ed

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2008, 01:58:23 pm »
Thanks for the info, but I don't live in San Francisco and I'm not one to pay for airfare to see some band I like. They've played DC twice since becoming at all well known, the last time being like 18 months ago, and that is too infrequent for me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:04:18 pm by Darth Ed »

tigerflight

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2008, 02:33:07 pm »
superchunk, Q & Not U, dismemberment plan, most secret method, butterglory, any variation of jenny toomey, tortoise, new bomb turks,
and i would watch mission of burma play *every day* if i could.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 09:55:47 pm »
Midlake. Where the FUCK are they, and why aren't they touring now?
Woof.