Author Topic: Book recommendations  (Read 22214 times)

ggw

Re: Book recommendations
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 03:23:50 pm »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »
Does anybody have any suggestions on books about parenting difficult children?

Papa

We just got this in my library.
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:17 pm »
isn't there some horrible youtube video going around about . . . you know, i don't think i will go there.  even i have standards.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 07:05:07 pm »
Anyone heard much about the new Umberto Eco?
_\|/_

jrho

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:54 am »
I haven't heard much, but Eco's talking about it at Sixth & I Synagogue tonight. Tickets are $12 for the talk, $27 for a signed copy of The Prague Cemetery and two tickets to the talk.

http://www.politics-prose.com/event/book/umberto-eco-prague-cemetery

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 10:21:28 am »
I'm reading Batman: Year One right now. It's taken me forever to get through cuz I don't have much tim to just read :\ the Borders by my house closed too. Such a shame.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:50 pm »
I'm reading Batman: Year One right now. It's taken me forever to get through cuz I don't have much tim to just read :\ the Borders by my house closed too. Such a shame.

or spell . . . unless tim is a person, and you don't have much of him.

;D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »

;D

Maybe DeathFromAbove1979 is more clever than we think and he's refering to his distaste for Tim Drake:

Brian

K8teebug

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:18 pm »

You liked this?  Just wondering if it's worth my while.  Been seeing it alot of places!  (Wired, EW, etc)

K8teebug

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »
Patti Smith Just Kids . . .is fantastic

agreed.  Amazing book.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 03:52:27 pm »

;D

Maybe DeathFromAbove1979 is more clever than we think and he's refering to his distaste for Tim Drake:

Brian
Tim Drake is a snot nosed brat! Practically black mailed Bruce into being Robin. So weak! Kind of. Didn't he also get his face bashed in by The Joker? Hahahaha
‼‼?‼‼

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 04:00:26 pm »
Tim Drake is a snot nosed brat! Practically black mailed Bruce into being Robin. So weak! Kind of. Didn't he also get his face bashed in by The Joker? Hahahaha

No.  That's Jason Todd.  But it's Dick Grayson who had the mullet....AND a ponytail!

Brian

ggw

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 11:17:58 am »

You liked this?  Just wondering if it's worth my while.  Been seeing it alot of places!  (Wired, EW, etc)

It would be a long while.  It's more than 900 pages.  I am about 300 pages in and the story didn't really get going until after the first 200.  So far I am enjoying it, but if you haven't read Murakami before, I would start with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle or Kafka on the Shore first.  I think this book has been getting a lot of attention based on those previous ones than purely on the merits of 1Q84.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 04:19:03 pm »

No.  That's Jason Todd.  But it's Dick Grayson who had the mullet....AND a ponytail!

Brian
Fuck all the Robin's. I could care less. Although I think in "Under The Red Hood" Jason Todd is pretty badass. If that's him. Alls I know is Nightwing is kinda weak.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »

It would be a long while.  It's more than 900 pages.  I am about 300 pages in and the story didn't really get going until after the first 200.  So far I am enjoying it, but if you haven't read Murakami before, I would start with The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle or Kafka on the Shore first.  I think this book has been getting a lot of attention based on those previous ones than purely on the merits of 1Q84.

Familiar with Kafka on the Shore!  I know how long it is.  Thought it would be a good winter book.