Author Topic: et tu bruce?  (Read 1774 times)

walkonby

et tu bruce?
« on: December 23, 2008, 06:30:39 pm »
first the eagles, then acdc, now the boss knows that walmart exclusives feed the hungry bank account.

hutch

Re: et tu bruce?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:02:39 pm »
first the eagles, then acdc, now the boss knows that walmart exclusives feed the hungry bank account.

I don't see the issue.. AC DC's album was available at Walmart for the low price of 10.88 which is far lower than any other record store.... In fact many of these smaller stores would just buy it for 10.88 and then resell it for higher...

Walmart is located all over the country including many places that there are no record stores..

So AC DC got their record out to people at a low price.... somehow this isn't good enough because mainly democrats/liberals/progressives (of which I happen to be one) can't stand Walmart...or because we cling against hope to this notion of the continued relevance of the "record store"... record stores are dead.. people buy their music on amazon or itunes now.... record stores that will remain are the ones that sell vintage/collectible stuff like vinyl stores or specialized cd stores... but the days of the record store as we knew it are over.. we have seen that very clearly in dc lately with both Olsons and CD Game Exchange going under...artists are having to adapt

And anyone not wanting to buy at Walmart can just buy it from AC DC themselves at their website..

whats so bad about that??? I mean I cant' stand Walmart and have been there twice in 37 years but I bought the vinyl from the band themselves..

When I told a DC independent record store I thought they should buy the vinyl for 15.99 from the band and then resell it for more they basically said no..in fact I think there may even have been a discount on the vinyl for indie stores but none around town have it.. Guess AC DC is not cool enough...  They are getting their album out to as many people as possible for as little as possible.. seems to me that should be good enough.

I dont' think its about the money in as far as these agreements are concerned..  guys like Bruce and bands like AC DC make their real money touring.. the CD is just to promote the tour.... They're not signing exclusive agreements with Walmart or Best Buy for the money but for the exposure those stores are giving them and for the ability of those stores to move huge numbers of units at a low cost....
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:05:04 pm by hutch »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: et tu bruce?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:10:46 pm »
It's just a hits comp; nothing new or from the vault.

Linkness
😐 🎶