Author Topic: Bands you want to see reunite in '09  (Read 9452 times)

azaghal1981

Bands you want to see reunite in '09
« on: December 23, 2008, 07:27:11 pm »
Other than The Jesus Lizard and Sleep because...they're already reuniting! ;D

Man...or Astro-Man? are the first that comes to mind for me.
احمد

hutch

Re: Bands you want to see reunite in '09
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:34:13 pm »
FACES and I think its happening... really up for that...

I'm going to see Ian Maclagan at Jammin Java in late February

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:36:40 pm »
Yeah I read that that was happening, too.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
I'd completely flip my shit if Talk Talk reunited.

And yeah, FACES would be amazing!

[also...Sleater-Kinney would be nice...:(...]
Woof.

hutch

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:04:55 pm »
I would be all over a J Geils Band reunion....

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 08:15:40 pm »
I'd probably get a Phish lawn seat if they played Merriweather but that's as far as I'd go
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 09:40:23 pm »
Are Sleep actually touring?  That would be pretty sweet!

Other than The Jesus Lizard and Sleep because...they're already reuniting! ;D

Man...or Astro-Man? are the first that comes to mind for me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 10:07:11 pm »
They're playing that ATP fest that TJL are playing. Other than that, I don't know.
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 10:39:16 pm »
Any idea what kind of venues the reunited Faces will be playing?

I'm a pretty big fan, but I don't know what their level of fame really is, other than the Rod Stewert connection.  Nissan/Merriweather, or smaller?

Darth Ed

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 11:30:35 pm »
Sleater-Kinney
Beulah

hutch

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 01:38:48 am »
Any idea what kind of venues the reunited Faces will be playing?

I'm a pretty big fan, but I don't know what their level of fame really is, other than the Rod Stewert connection.  Nissan/Merriweather, or smaller?

maclagan tried to temper expectations...sort of indicating it might be just one or two shows...seems silly if thats all its to be..

thing is in the US they are not very well known...they never really sold much in the US and had only one "hit" (stay with me) although many of rod's famous numbers included faces here or there.. also keep in mind rod stewart has over-toured the US lately (is this why he's interested in faces now?)... his last tour when he played nissan it was half full and i heard live nation took a bath cause of the huge guarantee they gave him..

i just can't see faces playing nissan or verizon...and i don't think they would play a place like the 930 i mean its ron wood and rod stewart.. it might end up being a show in NY .. one in LA..one in Chicago....a few in England and thats it

we'll have to see.....If they play anywhere on the east coast i'm there.. i can't see them not playing the east coast...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 06:01:34 am »
Portishead...and I mean for more than one or two shows in some remote area of the world.

Slowdive...though Neil will never let that happen.

House Of Love. They did a one off show a couple years ago in London but that was it. I was asked to interview them for a record label's website (same label that put the show on) but that fell through. No one ended up doing the interview but I sure would have loved to have seen that show.

Phaser, even if it's only for a couple Baltimore/DC area shows.

SIANspheric. Though they haven't actually broken up, those guys just don't have their shit together enough to produce anything new or play any live gigs anymore. Their set at DC9 several years ago is on the short list of one of my very favorite live sets ever.

Spacemen 3....though I'd fear that it might fall under the category of one of those 'be careful what you wish for' kind of things.

Hollowphonic. They claim they've broken up but then put out a few demos a couple years ago for an upcoming release. Well, since then, nothing has materialized at all. Like SIANspheric, a bunch of Canadian stoners. What do you expect!  :D

Loop. At least the hard to get ahold of back catelogue has just been rereleased.

Should. Semi-obscure Gazers from Austin. They've scattered over different parts of the country since they were together but I heard from the lead guy that they are planning on releasing some new/old material. Hope that happens. Interesting aside: he now lives in Baltimore and is a professor at Johns Hopkins Univ.. And here I was hoping for a Baltimore show but, alas, that's not happening.

Catherine Wheel. Cochella, ATP, NYC/L.A./Chicago only or some UK festival doesn't count as I have no chance in hell of seeing them.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:54:15 am »
The Aisler's Set
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 10:26:46 am »
Comets on Fire - c'mon guys, firm up and just get back out there
Jesus Lizard would be cool but how about a Scratch Acid tour. I was much more heavily into them than the Lizard.
oword

manimtired

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 10:32:20 am »
Appetite era GNR - maybe since chinese democracy failed and with steven adler back in the public eye via celebrity rehab this could happen. LOL!