Author Topic: Christmas on Mars  (Read 3209 times)

SPARX

Christmas on Mars
« on: December 25, 2008, 08:42:27 pm »
Has anybody watched this yet? It's Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips new sci fi movie. It's playing on Sundance. I watched it as Christmas began last night at midnight. Seems to be a cross between Eraserhead and Barbarella. Certainly not what I expected. Anyone else have any thoughts on this one yet?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Christmas on Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:23 pm »
I haven't seen it, but I've read about it everywhere. I got a Christmas card with them on it. I guess dressed as their movie characters. Put a smile on my face.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:18:45 pm »
We got this from Netflix and made it through about the first 15 minutes. Awful awful awful.

SPARX

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:55:33 pm »
We got this from Netflix and made it through about the first 15 minutes. Awful awful awful.

Painfully captivating  :o  :o
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 01:53:31 am by SPARX »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:51:44 pm »
I like the Flaming Lips as much as the next guy....but if I hadn't been on a 5 hour plane trip with nothing else to do I would not have made it through the whole thing. 

Parts of it felt like a Kids in the Hall skit minus the comedy....in a bad way.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 03:34:09 pm »
Were people really expecting this to be a good movie? Even a decent movie? I think the best/only way to enjoy this is being incredibly high or on some serious acid.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 03:43:36 pm »
Were people really expecting this to be a good movie? Even a decent movie? I think the best/only way to enjoy this is being incredibly high or on some serious acid.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:46:41 pm by walkonby »

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 06:26:31 pm »
What does Joan Rivers have to do with this?
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 04:27:14 pm »
On the way to work a few weeks ago, I  head an interview with Wayne Coyne about this film. The idiot gave the entire plot away which ruined it for me. I'm not at all a Flaming Lips fan but was interested in seeing the film until he mentioned what happens in the end which turned my stomach. What a fucking Psychedelic Jesus complex! Glad you guys posted your reviews. Now I know not to waste an hour and a half of my time.

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 06:03:19 pm »
On the way to work a few weeks ago, I  head an interview with Wayne Coyne about this film. The idiot gave the entire plot away which ruined it for me. I'm not at all a Flaming Lips fan but was interested in seeing the film until he mentioned what happens in the end which turned my stomach. What a fucking Psychedelic Jesus complex! Glad you guys posted your reviews. Now I know not to waste an hour and a half of my time.

he shot most of the film in his backyard using ufos he made from michael's craft store . . . whatdaya expect?  a j lo film?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 06:12:20 pm »

he shot most of the film in his backyard using ufos he made from michael's craft store . . . whatdaya expect?  a j lo film?

But you see, that's what had me interested. It's just that fucking narcissitic saviour complex that turned me off.

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 07:08:38 pm »
wayne has been obsessed with jesus: the concept/name/creation/evolution/many forms/copiers/predaters since the start.

and ufos
and drugs
and oklahoma
and crazy shirts
and experiments of sound
and the most longest names for songs besides what mars volta do