Author Topic: 'Change in America' Funk Jam @ Velvet Lounge!  (Read 7998 times)

HeadRoc

'Change in America' Funk Jam @ Velvet Lounge!
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:57:53 pm »
http://www.head-roc.com/images/jan%2023%2009.jpg

Chocolate City Progressive music concert featuring performances by

Elikeh Afropop Band
The GODISHEUS International Funk Train

Come on out and help starving artist earn a living! The music is powerful, thought provoking, and original!

The first 25 attendees will receive a free GODISHEUS CD!

$8
18 & Up!
10pm

Velvet Lounge
915 U St. NW DC

www.myspace.com/godisheus
www.elikeh.com
www.head-roc.com

HoyaSaxa03

Re: 'Change in America' Funk Jam @ Velvet Lounge!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:58 am »
**WARNING**

This artist is NOT -- I repeat NOT -- represented by a talent agent.  Attend at your own risk.
(o|o)

HeadRoc

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »
Hoya? why the hate? if you're an artist or represent one then i'd like to invite you on the bill so we can compare music and let the audience decide who is riskier to invest a good time in. please let me know.

basically put up, or shut the funk up. simple as that. but don't attempt to sabotage our shit. that's just immature and wack.

Ive been in the game too long kid, Dont be a pest. it's very easy to check my credentials.
...and who are you anyway? or do you prefer to stay anonymous? lol!

all love

Head-Roc aka Om V
www.head-roc.com

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:35:32 pm by HeadRoc »

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:36:35 pm »
Stop attempting to sabotage this music board with YOUR shit.

all love,

Charlie

www.charlienakatestes.com

Hoya? why the hate? if you're an artist or represent one then i'd like to invite you on the bill so we can compare music and let the audience decide who is riskier to invest a good time in. please let me know.

basically put up, or shut the funk up. simple as that. but don't attempt to sabotage our shit. that's just immature and wack.

all love

Head-Roc aka Om V
www.head-roc.com

HeadRoc

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »
explain to me what the beef is please. im just moving my shit like everyone else i see. why is my shit not wanted? no offense intended ...and none taken charlie. 

head-roc

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 01:51:21 pm »
I have no problem with your overblown promotion, although the rest of the board aren't quite as large fans of verbosity.

That said, your style of music is completely dissimilar from what virtually everyone on here likes. You would have better luck on another musical forum whose tastes are more suited to your particular skill set.

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 02:27:08 pm »
I have no problem with your overblown promotion, although the rest of the board aren't quite as large fans of verbosity.

That said, your style of music is completely dissimilar from what virtually everyone on here likes. You would have better luck on another musical forum whose tastes are more suited to your particular skill set.

julian, you could have just said, "you suck, get out of here, punk."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:16 pm »
i'm fairly confident that hoya was making a joke - tying in this thread with HeadRoc's bombastic search for representation.  sorry, HeadRoc, but you bit.  people here are snarky, but rarely mean. 

p.s. you post as "HeadRoc" and "Om V".  i scoped your website, no real names or personal info there =  appears to me you like your anonymity too <-- JOKE KIDDING NOT AN INSULT OH GOD PLEASE DON'T SHOOT :)
<sig>

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 03:42:05 pm »
What was that awesome quote from his other thread? "My shit is mega delicious" or something like that?

That was amazing. I think he should continue to post here as long as he uses phrases like that.
Woof.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 03:43:24 pm »
What was that awesome quote from his other thread? "My shit is mega delicious" or something like that?

That was amazing. I think he should continue to post here as long as he uses phrases like that.
Hear, hear!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 08:28:15 pm »
i'm fairly confident that hoya was making a joke - tying in this thread with HeadRoc's bombastic search for representation.  sorry, HeadRoc, but you bit.  people here are snarky, but rarely mean. 

p.s. you post as "HeadRoc" and "Om V".  i scoped your website, no real names or personal info there =  appears to me you like your anonymity too <-- JOKE KIDDING NOT AN INSULT OH GOD PLEASE DON'T SHOOT :)

ding ding

it was a joke, and the explanation of jokes is _never_ funny, but here goes:

my comment was meant to lampoon your apparent belief that having an "agent" that you found by trolling the internet would lead to indie success ... it was sarcastic, i.e., not serious

obviously no one going to shows at the velvet lounge cares if the artist/band has "representation"
(o|o)

HeadRoc

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 09:17:29 am »
lol! thanks for the explanation! im beginning to understand the dynamic here. i can dig it.

so yeah right, my band is mega ridiculous. i dont know what else to say about that. shit, im an artist. a writer. i can get nifty with descriptions, but i dont embellish on the truth - and hey, dont take my word for it. come see for yourself. if you don't like it ill personally refund your money.

what else? oh yeah, and i'm looking for an agent for my band.  I'm just reaching out in a few directions and one of them is on a couple forums.  don't worry, im not putting all my hopes and dreams in finding an agent online on a cold contact. lol! Thanks for the concern!

now, what i find most interesting in all this back and forth with you good people having fun with me is this: are any of you gonna come bring those opinions and comedic quick quips out the show, and let me and my boys Funk you up?  Hey! maybe we can all jaw it up together after i rock your socks off, and then YOU ALL can come back here the next day and offer your own opinions of how GODISHEUS gets down?  Let me know

all love

Om V (Head-Roc)

HeadRoc

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 09:20:30 am »
Hey walkonby,

im not a punk. you can be nicer than that, i know.

peace and love

Om V (head-roc)

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:06 am »
Hey walkonby,

im not a punk. you can be nicer than that, i know.

peace and love

Om V (head-roc)

i was paraphrasing what someone else was saying; what they were "thinking."  i don't know you.  i'm not aware if you are a punk or not.  how do you if i can be nice?

somehow i smell a rat here.

he signs every post with a not just one, but two "secret identities." 

hello brian . . . glad to have you back.   ;)

Relaxer

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:07 am »
Yo, G-snatcha, so glad to catcha, do?n let the hate placate your slate, roll up the yummy, shoot outcha tummy and make it reFUNKulous for the booties to stink like squapooties. I got a bone like Roy Cohn and I rollin like James Brolin to make Baba Sizzand beg for glory-holin. You?s a art-chi-tect o?da deck but are ya nice? As in, real nice? As in, will you hold me in your big strong arms and tell me things will always be okay and that I?ll be safe? Do you have any Kleenex? It?s always nice to have some Kleenex, and if you do, I would like to borrow some. It's for a recipe.

Karl Malone raised me more than my father ever could,
Test-Ease
oword