Author Topic: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...  (Read 22274 times)

dave24

Wow!  And of course Ticketmaster wants their piece of it... Remind me, what is it they do to charge a higher service charge for a higher priced ticket?  The service charge is more expensive than many show tickets...

I know many here feel the same way.  It's absolutely ridiculous.

http://soundoffwithdave.com/category/music/

Firebutt McGee

Re: Jay-Z is charging HOW MUCH??!??! Oh, then there's Ticketmaster...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:37:03 pm »
I devoted an entire Facebook status to this topic yesterday. My conclusion is that I'll probably end up lurking around the Warner that night.
Woof.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:38:23 pm »
My conclusion is that I'll probably end up lurking around the Warner that night.
Attempting an assassination, I pray.

dave24

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:40:30 pm »
All the security is going to be following "the other guy" that weekend.  As long as he's not attending the show you may well get a clear shot   ;-)

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:47:48 pm »
I mean, I just saw something saying the first 2-3 rows are 1000/each, face value. Is this for charity or something?

I love Jay-Z more than just about any other mainstream rap artist (I'm from Brooklyn, comes with the address.), but the only people I know that command upwards of $500 a pop are Elton John, Prince at the Hamptons, Billy Joel, and Barbara Streisand. Jay-Z? Seriously?
Woof.

dave24

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:10 pm »
Yep - there's got to be some backlash at some point.  Here's hoping the place won't be half full...

I'm still wondering where Ticketmaster gets off charging more for the higher-priced ticket.  It's the same service by them, no matter how expensive the ticket.  They're the biggest scalpers out there...

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 01:00:15 pm »
It's gonna sell out. I just hate that the ticket price alienates a large percentage of his fanbase. I mean, whats the alternative? Buy the fucking DVD? Even Madonna's ass has $75 tickets. What gives?
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 01:01:59 pm »
It's gonna sell out. I just hate that the ticket price alienates a large percentage of his fanbase. I mean, whats the alternative? Buy the fucking DVD? Even Madonna's ass has $75 tickets. What gives?

are you trying to say that black people can't afford that much, and only white corps. will be there with their yo yo yo kids.  how racist.   ;D

dave24

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 01:06:22 pm »
Even Madonna's ass has $75 tickets. What gives?

Tickets for Madonna's ass sell for $75?  I think I'd want to be at the front of the line and not the end   ;)

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:31 pm »
I dont think you want to be in that line at all, actually!
Woof.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 01:13:21 pm »
I love Jay-Z more than just about any other mainstream rap artist (I'm from Brooklyn, comes with the address.), but the only people I know that command upwards of $500 a pop are Elton John, Prince at the Hamptons, Billy Joel, and Barbara Streisand. Jay-Z? Seriously?

But when do Elton John, Billy Joel, Streisand, etc. play venues as small as the Warner?  I mean u2 charges almost $200 apiece for seated stadium ticket at 50,000 capacity arenas.  They'd probably charge $1,000 apiece for such a small show.

Plus, you're virtually guaranteed appearances by Beyonce and Pharell.
PANTS

MonkeyPants

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 01:14:57 pm »
p.s. it looks like scalpers already have a hold of the first several rows and already have them on craigslist even though TM on-sale starts on Friday morning...this just goes out to the people who think that the Warner is no longer still funneling tickets directly to scalpers...
PANTS

dave24

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 01:17:16 pm »
p.s. it looks like scalpers already have a hold of the first several rows and already have them on craigslist even though TM on-sale starts on Friday morning...this just goes out to the people who think that the Warner is no longer still funneling tickets directly to scalpers...

Let 'em.  Do you think they're going to get anything above $1,000?  You'll see those same seats on Craig's List and/or eBay for less than face value the day before the show.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:19:37 pm by dave24 »

dave24

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 01:18:11 pm »
I dont think you want to be in that line at all, actually!

Ummmm - yeah, you're probably right about that.  Regardless, it's gonna be better to be in the front of the line than the back    :D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »
I mean u2 charges almost $200 apiece for seated stadium ticket at 50,000 capacity arenas. 

that is incorrect, on the whole.

*sigh*... it's called a "presale", myra.  it's on right now.  with an easily obtained password, you can buy tickets before the "general onsale" just like scalpers.  you should try it some time, when not busy dreaming up conspiracies. 
<sig>