Author Topic: Zeppelin NO MORE!!!!  (Read 7670 times)

dave24

Zeppelin NO MORE!!!!
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:43:56 pm »
This could NOT be BETTER news.  I'm excited to see the members of Zeppelin put this behind them.  Plant had a great thing with Alison Krauss.  I hope he keeps looking forward, not back.

http://soundoffwithdave.com/category/music/

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Zeppelin NO MORE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:49:32 pm »
Yeah, we're all aware you have a blog. It's called Sound Off with Dave, we get it. You do not need to start a thread every time you make an entry.

Smackie and I at least keep our ramblings to one consolidated thread. And you're no us to begin with.

dave24

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:58:51 pm »
I've yet to start a thread JUST to promote anything...  There was no thread about this subject - if there were, I'd not start one just for the purpose of funneling traffic.

I've started a few threads, and felt the subject matter worthy of its own thread on the board.  Instead of cutting and pasting every word - there's enough up for a discussion, and if someone cares more about what I have to say, they can find it.  If you don't, you don't.

Quite a few people from this board have gone to the blog multiple times - so someone here doesn't mind.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:00:45 pm by dave24 »

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »
You did in fact start a thread about Phish tour dates when there was already an ongoing discussion about it in another thread. You can frame this any way you want, but you're an infrequent poster who all of a sudden is starting threads every day, all of which, just conveniently include a preview of your latest blog post complete with link. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I'm not knocking your blog, I even looked at it once, but the starting a new thread every day to wet our appetites is a little disingenuous, kid.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:40 pm »
julian doesn't like anybody moving in on his, "i'm the most interesting thing on here."
i'm not sure what vansmack wants, because he ignores me.
but somehow, i feel, this is mere shrapnel from yesterday that you are receiving.  some people on here are still glowing strong from that.  sorry it landed on you.

dave24

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18:34 pm »
I don't know man - I'm a longtime member of this board.  You know what one of the great things about this board is?  When someone posts something nobody is interested in, it slides right down the list and disappears.

One great thing about the internet, is everybody has a voice.  Another great thing is, we all have the power to click on whatever we want, or not to click on whatever we don't want.

You know, you could say something like, "Hey, I can add you to my blog roll, and you can add me to yours," which'd be pretty cool...  But, the statement about me not being you or Van Smack? Wow - that's one of the most arrogant things I've read/heard in a long time.

Feel free to point me to the Phish thread that was ongoing prior to my own.  I never saw that.

Oh, and I can add you to my blogroll if you like   ;D

dave24

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:20:37 pm »

but somehow, i feel, this is mere shrapnel from yesterday that you are receiving.  some people on here are still glowing strong from that.  sorry it landed on you.

I'm not sure what happened yesterday that you're referring to - but no worries.  The internet is the "beer goggles" of the 21st century.  It allows people to say things they wouldn't normally say.  If he wants to use this as a forum for that, so be it.

I'm off to my other job for the night - and totally not concerned.  Enjoy your weekend walkonby.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:22:41 pm »
You know, you could say something like, "Hey, I can add you to my blog roll, and you can add me to yours," which'd be pretty cool... 
Well, I might say something like that, aside from the fact I have never heard the phrase "blog roll" before. If it's anything like a spring roll or a cucumber roll, and you are, in fact, inviting me to sushi, well, we can discuss that in private another time, but suffice to say your offer sounds delightful.

As for Phish, check pages 1044 and 1045 of Just Announced.

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »
You know, you could say something like, "Hey, I can add you to my blog roll, and you can add me to yours," which'd be pretty cool... 
Well, I might say something like that, aside from the fact I have never heard the phrase "blog roll" before. If it's anything like a spring roll or a cucumber roll, and you are, in fact, inviting me to sushi, well, we can discuss that in private another time, but suffice to say your offer sounds delightful.

did you see where that bluefin tuna sold for 100000 $ ? wow.  i'm listening to the dandy warhols for the first time right now.  fucking double wow!

SPARX

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »
  i'm listening to the dandy warhols for the first time right now.  fucking double wow!

Whatcha been waitin on?
 You done missed their heyday. Be sure to turn yourself on to the earlier stuff. Much better IMHO

dave24

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 10:05:15 pm »

I thought you meant you had a blog when you posted earlier... a blog roll is just a list of links on a blog to other blogs or sites that you think your readers might find interesting.

As far as the Phish discussion, I'm not ashamed of not having seen it within 1,000+ pages of other discussion.

Relaxer

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 10:44:43 pm »
Well, my unsolicited opinion is that threads started with nothing more than a link or threads that are meant to pimp out a blog just serve to shit up the board. I like walkonby being here and I think he's an interesting voice who has contributed to numerous discussions, but the incessant link threads are just annoying. It's lazy and it dilutes his persona, so to speak. As for dave24, I haven't noticed him until the blog threads started up, and I agree with what Julian wrote.
oword

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 12:20:04 pm »
I kinda have to agree. You are constantly just directing traffic to your blog...You make it seem like cutting and pasting is such a hard tedious task yet you're cutting and pasting your blog link. You don't really expect us to believe you type that out everytime right? ;)

I like the stuff you post about, I'm just not going to succumb to having to read about it on your blog.
3MTA3

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 12:55:54 pm »
i think this dave24 kid is cute: in this day and age he's out there pimping his blog.  how quaint.  how retro.  how 4 years ago
<sig>