Author Topic: dear bear grylls  (Read 3621 times)

diediemydarling

dear bear grylls
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:06:45 pm »
you are no les stroud. i hate you you fake loser. you will never be a survivorman! stop peeing on things and taking your shrt off. you suck!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: dear bear grylls
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:32:50 pm »
strong start to this thread.  i like where it's headed.

what are your feelings on anthony bourdain?
<sig>

diediemydarling

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:44:22 pm »
i actually have met anthony bourdain a few times and hes a super nice guy. i cant tell if he's really nice, or if he's just nice to young girls.

he hates vegetarians though, i can't get down with that.

whats your opinion?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:16:13 pm »
i think he's mostly nice to young girls.
<sig>

diediemydarling

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:35:30 pm »
bwahahaha. i thought that.  He was really lovely to my friends and me though. He's prolly a giant ass.

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:46:48 pm »

he hates vegetarians though, i can't get down with that.

whats your opinion?

he just went up in my book
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:49:07 pm »
i worked for the Travel Channel for a year.  the day that bourdain visited the offices, the place stood still.  he had headshots of himself and went from cube to cube signing them for TC staff.  two cameras followed him everywhere, footage to be included in a future show.  at one point he got a call on his cell and the cameras directed him to stand in this corner (not that corner!) and filmed him while he talked with his agent.  he held court in the cafeteria and expounded and what it was like to be a tv star and what his future plans for the show were.  he came off as kinda big-headed, then again he was surrounded by sycophants so it was to be expected i suppose.  i'd say he's a relatively nice guy, good talker, with a hint of douchey.  never said "no" to the ladies who wanted to take a pic with him... not that i would either  8)

bear grylls never dropped by.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:50:41 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »
Straight up.

Survivorman is where it's at.
‼‼?‼‼

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 04:34:00 pm »
Sweets, is Samantha Brown as cute, sweet and bubbly as she is on tv?

Somebody please push her out of a plane. I want her job!
  ;D

diediemydarling

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 04:55:32 pm »
bear grylls was somewhere peeing on something, fighting cg snakes and then staying in a swank hotel. that bastard. he should be ashamed.

distance

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 12:08:30 am »

Somebody please push her out of a plane. I want her job!
  ;D

i don't like bear grylls.  i don't like anthony bourdain.... and i was complaining about my job yesterday evening.  my girlfriend asked me what i'd rather do.   one of the things i said was that i wanted samantha brown's job... i don't need the being on tv part of it, though.

i saw a nice video one time of footage from hawaii where bear was 'surviving' in the wilderness or whatever it is he claimed to do and showed him crossing a lava tube or something of that nature.. then there was other footage of someone else at that exact same place... and they crossed it.. then turned the camera around and there were cars driving on a road/highway only a few feet away from where it was shot.

survivorman is/was way better, but i didn't necessarily find the most recent episodes to be as interesting as previous years.  i especially enjoyed the 'behind the scenes' episode that aired and showed the preparations for the filmings.

diediemydarling

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 12:41:10 pm »
the most recent episodes were the best ones because he was showing you how to survive, he was surviving.

all hail les stroud.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 01:41:03 pm »

she dropped by one day, but i was ridiculously busy so i didn't venture out to meet her.  worked out well for me - everybody was star-chasing, so i got a lot of work done that day.  at least two meetings were canceled b/c of her visit.  after her visit, staffers came back all enamored with her.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 01:51:00 pm »
the day that bourdain visited the offices, the place stood still.  he had headshots of himself and went from cube to cube signing them for TC staff.  two cameras followed him everywhere, footage to be included in a future show.  at one point he got a call on his cell and the cameras directed him to stand in this corner (not that corner!) and filmed him while he talked with his agent.  he held court in the cafeteria and expounded and what it was like to be a tv star and what his future plans for the show were.  he came off as kinda big-headed, then again he was surrounded by sycophants so it was to be expected i suppose.  i'd say he's a relatively nice guy, good talker, with a hint of douchey.  never said "no" to the ladies who wanted to take a pic with him... not that i would either  8)
If we ever have another big giant boardie gathering, this is exactly the model I'm going to follow.

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 01:46:03 am »
Samantha Brown is the one I really cannot fucking stand. Watching her reminds of the feeling a friend of mine got while watching a stray tomcat eat the cute little kittens he was raising when he was a little kid. The tomcat then puked up blood and fur as my friend watched in horror.  Gross, I know, but I rarely get so turned off by a program that I get that kind of reaction and SB does that in spades. She tries to pass herself off as cute, hip, well-traveled, smart, etc. but in reality she's just a nauseating trainwreck and I'd rather watch 12 hours nonstop of Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern than subject myself to that dipshit who doesn't realize how pointless and punishing her shitty show is.