Author Topic: Springsteen at National Mall?  (Read 7296 times)

Firebutt McGee

Re: Springsteen at National Mall?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »
Have they released a schedule for all this? Is it on one day or both? Will there be multiple stages??

I'm trying to figure out the logistics. I'm SO there.

Is Beyonce going to sing "Single Ladies" for Obama?!
Are these 4-5 songs or full sets?

That would be so hot.
Woof.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »
Obamapalooza.

Multiple stages, not enough porta-johns, overpriced (until they run out) water.  This will be awesome.

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »
http://www.livedaily.com/news/15493.html

i still would not stand out in the weather with no chances to pee or eat, or i'm sure the feeling of breathing after suffering through the wade of body to body contact for so long, for these acts . . . though some if not most, do seem cool.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 09:07:56 pm »
Someone want to explain to me why Jamie Foxx, Queen Latifah, Martin Luter King III, and Denzel Washington were picked to read historical passages? This is an asinine event.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »
Someone want to explain to me why Jamie Foxx, Queen Latifah, Martin Luter King III, and Denzel Washington were picked to read historical passages? This is an asinine event.

Man your posts on this blog are such a drag...  Why don't you shove your negativity up your ass?

If you can't see why these four were picked to read historical passages at the Lincoln memorial, two days before Obama- an african american- is sworn in as president, on Martin Luther King weekend, and on the national mall where Martin Luther King delivered his I have a dream speech you are an imbecile.

dave24

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 04:40:27 am »

Martin Luther King III = first son of Martin Luther King Jr
Denzel Washington = second african-american ever to win academy award for best actor
Queen Latifah = I guess they can't help themselves after her SNL appearance during the debates
Jamie Foxx = Well come on, who doesn't like Jamie Foxx??    ;)

I'm not sure what's assinine about any of this.  I personally will stay home for most of the weekend.  But, anyone who wants to brave the crowds and the cold has some real options.  It's ok if you don't want to participate.  They won't miss you, or me.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 08:14:26 am »
The performer list is way too hip for my taste.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 09:16:07 am »
The performer list is way too hip for my taste.

Just because Rachel Ray gives her hip stamp of hipness to Holy Fuck doesn't mean they can play at the Inauguration.  Sorry.
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 10:22:12 am »
Queen Latifah = I guess they can't help themselves after her SNL appearance during the debates
Jamie Foxx = Well come on, who doesn't like Jamie Foxx??    ;)
And they have varied careers and have won many awards too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 11:29:16 am »
so apparently this show is going down on sunday from 7 to 9 pm - or at least that's when it's being shown on HBO.  i'm assuming it'll be broadcast live from the lincoln memorial (source).
<sig>

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 11:33:39 am »
Thanks for posting what we already know.

It's actually going to start earlier in the day, the live tv broadcast is 7-9.

Not that anybody with ANY taste should care.

so apparently this show is going down on sunday from 7 to 9 pm - or at least that's when it's being shown on HBO.  i'm assuming it'll be broadcast live from the lincoln memorial (source).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 12:06:42 pm »

charlie, have you taken to referring to yourself in the royal "we"?  not a single mention of 7-9, nor HBO, has been made here.  since you know i can't read your mind, the royal "we" must be the only explanation.  apologies, your highness! :P

but yes, no one with REAL taste should care.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 12:09:16 pm »
why the hell is Bono on this list.

someone tell him he is NOT American.

please.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 12:13:10 pm »
Uhhhh, I just kind of figured that most people here have other sources for easily found information than this message board. And since the info is nearly 24 hours old, they've probably used the google and found it elsewhere, if they were interested in the first place.

But perhaps I am wrong, and thank goodness we have Sweetcell, the fountain of knowledge, to spoon feed us our information!!!

charlie, have you taken to referring to yourself in the royal "we"?  not a single mention of 7-9, nor HBO, has been made here.  since you know i can't read your mind, the royal "we" must be the only explanation.  apologies, your highness! :P

but yes, no one with REAL taste should care.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:25 pm »
actually, everything can be googled... why bother posting any information here at all?  such a whiner.  sheesh.

sonick: bono is a "citizen of the world".  he has no nationality (partially because no one will take him, but i digress...)
<sig>