Author Topic: Springsteen at National Mall?  (Read 7295 times)

edbert

Re: Springsteen at National Mall?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 12:33:26 pm »
   >>why the hell is Bono on this list.

The Sunday afternoon thing is partially to link Obama to the whole MLK and civil rights dealie.  And Bono wrote that song.

Still no announcement on the Neighborhood Ball.  Possibly, longer music sets and fewer speeches

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 12:50:15 pm »
But don't expect a greatest-hits concert Sunday, the concert's producers said. The 90-minute show, which will begin at 2 p.m. and which will be shown that evening in a special free broadcast on HBO, will consist mainly of performers covering songs that have historical resonance or connect to the theme of the concert, dubbed "We Are One."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/12/AR2009011203499.html?hpid=topnews

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »
Ugh, I was hoping to see "Single Ladies" at the Lincoln Memorial.
Woof.

azaghal1981

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 06:43:21 pm »
Would you put up with all the BS you'd undoubtedly have to put up with in order to see it if it is happening?

yeah unlike say heading to new york city. now thats much simpler than walking 15 blocks.

don't be such a downer man.. we know you're fleeing but leave us to enjoy our inauguration..thank you very much.

Hey I'm just as excited about this inauguration as anyone else. I just have a lower tolerance for huge throngs of people than most.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 08:27:05 pm »
U2 join a stellar line up of artists at The Lincoln Memorial in Washington this Sunday for 'We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration'. Don't miss it. It's open to the public and aired on HBO.

(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 08:40:07 pm »
U2 join a stellar line up of artists at The Lincoln Memorial in Washington this Sunday for 'We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration'. Don't miss it. It's open to the public and aired on HBO.

Perfect timing for a free HBO Preview Weekend (this is true for DirecTV customers at least, I can't speak for the rest of your carriers). 
27>34

spartyinmd

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 09:31:18 pm »
Neighborhood Ball - Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Faith Hill, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Stevie Wonder, Nick Cannon will DJ the event

Kids Ball - The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Bow Wow, Billy Ray Cyrus, Keke Palmer, and Usher Raymond IV are also scheduled to appear
13-year-old Perry Rubin, daughter of entertainment reporter Sam Rubin, will be the special backstage correspondent

This according to the PIC website

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 10:19:51 pm »
this reminds me of the biggest shit-storm i've ever seen live, the queen's jubilee concert in 2002:

tom jones
brian may
atomic kitten
s club 7
shirley bassey
tony bennett
annie lennox
aretha franklin
phil collins
joe cocker
brian wilson
steve winwood