Author Topic: Everything But Inauguration Roll Call  (Read 7027 times)

walkonby

Re: Everything But Inauguration Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:30 pm »
me love me some luray caverns!  and endless caverns!  and sneaking into wild caverns on people's properties where they shoot at you if they find out.

but anyway, they seem to be moving "these people" out, so people could go have some fun with them, if they get bored.  ;)

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=80547

Samantha

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »
Caverns have been seriously considered as the only option I can think of.  HA.  But I just went to Luray and Endless about two years ago...and I mean, once you've seen it...I guess I could look into what others are out there.

Damn, is EVERYBODY going to the Inauguration??

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 03:15:33 pm »
I wouldn't freeze my ass off in that bitter cold air that long for anything.

The user comments posted below that article walkonby posted are more amusing than the article itself.
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 03:17:38 pm »
I suspect this guy is not going:

_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »
how about skiing or snowboarding.  snowshoe is nice this time of year.

• my blog
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 08:57:41 pm »
So if all you traffic-fearin' couch potatoes are wondering what things looked like on the Mall today,  here is a little slideshow for ya.   I also have to add that it was cold as @!#_!#!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexdc/sets/72157612692565170/show/

_\|/_

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
I was down there this afternoon too.  Nice to be down there and check everything out before the crowds converge on Tuesday.  Bitterly cold.  You can feel the excitement building.

• my blog
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:14 pm »
Bitterly cold.  You can feel the excitement building.

Word to both of these things.  Every time I took a picture I had to take my gloves off, and by the time snapped the shutter and  got them back on, my hands were already painfully cold.

As for the excitement...  it has been a long time since there was this kind of positive vibe in the air.  I know it won't last, but it is a good feeling while it does.
_\|/_

eltee

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 10:00:45 am »
I'm telling ya, there's really no problem until Sunday. 
I know this is everything but Inauguration thread, but since everyone is mentioning it...I encountered a bit of traffic Saturday. Being a Saturday, balls / galas already happening, the Caps, etc. Took me an hour and a half to get out of DC. (Friday was okay, a bit of tourists around, and the Wizards were playing, but getting out was much better once past parameters of Dupont.)
Mama Tee said w/ HOV restrictions she had to go around to cross 14th Sunday morning and over and around to GW Pkwy to get out. I totally forgot about HOV, but I took the parkway in.
After two nights outside a cold 930, 4 hours roundtrip, my extremites burn, put a fork in me, I'm done w/ the cold & DC. Thanks to my fellow Americans though for braving the ceremony on my behalf!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:02:20 am by El Tee »

eltee

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 10:03:38 am »
So if all you traffic-fearin' couch potatoes are wondering what things looked like on the Mall today,  here is a little slideshow for ya.   I also have to add that it was cold as @!#_!#!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexdc/sets/72157612692565170/show/

So funny. On the way in on Friday, I couldn't help but think I've never seen more port-o-potties in my life!

diediemydarling

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 11:32:19 am »
lt, you coming tonght?

eltee

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 01:00:57 pm »
I wish I could partake in all music and Inauggie festivities! Things just proved to be to difficult...So, unless there is a parting of the Potomac, I'll be sitting in the boondocks. See you soon though once it's all clear! ;)

• my blog
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 09:41:59 am »
From last night:

_\|/_