Author Topic: iPod Case  (Read 1314 times)

nkotb

iPod Case
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:24:06 am »
Hey, I'm looking for a little advice on buying a case for a 160gb iPod.  It seems (thanks to Smackie) that they're still a viable option even though Apple isn't selling them new anymore, but I need this one to last. 

I'm pretty rough on my iPod's (I think this my 5th or 6th), mostly due to dropping or mishandling.  I've stopped using the main iPod for working out and use a Shuffle now, but I still want to buy a case that will protect this thing from everything short of a nuclear explosion.  Any input or advice?

madgypsy

Re: iPod Case
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:26 am »
I ordered a Speck ToughSkin Rubberized Case off of Amazon.com a few months back. I'm pretty sure I could throw my Ipod down a flight of stairs and it would be ok.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:26:41 pm »
I ordered a Speck ToughSkin Rubberized Case off of Amazon.com a few months back. I'm pretty sure I could throw my Ipod down a flight of stairs and it would be ok.

I highly recommed the Speck toughskin as well. It looks like a tire tread and can take a beating and being dropped. I've not thrown it down a stairwell but it certainly has fallen about 6 steps onto the concrete without any issue. :)
3MTA3

jd930

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:36:40 pm »
I have a Cocoon case from STM available through Radtech. It holds my iPod and headphones. It has a transparent skin for the iPod which has velcro on the back and that holds the iPod securely into the hard clamshell case.  I'm happy with it.