Author Topic: What's next, a Mother's Milk reissue?  (Read 3630 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda

Relaxer

Re: What's next, a Mother's Milk reissue?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:29:30 pm »
Well, PB is sort of seen as a cult classic of sorts.

Wait, aren't you from Jersey?
oword

chaz

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:41 pm »
I always thought it was the most annoying record of all time, along with Mother's Milk which was huge at the same time.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:58:36 pm »
Is there a track listing for this release?  I'm eager to get my hands on a couple of the b-sides from this record  especially the one with the killer Jam sample at the end of it....
T.Rex

chaz

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:49 pm »
Is there a track listing for this release?  I'm eager to get my hands on a couple of the b-sides from this record  especially the one with the killer Jam sample at the end of it....
Posting a track listing would be too tedious since there's like 43 different versions of the re-issue you can buy. 

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »

Doesn't look like it Kosmo...original 23 track album only.  I think you are looking for "And What You Give Is What You Get" with the Jams "Start" sample from the Shadrach single. 

And chaz, I have to respectfully disagree with you on PB.  Epic.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 12:01:24 am »
I didn't realize the album had 23 tracks on and technically it didn't when it was first released.   It was an 15 track record with the final track running 12 minutes, they split that single track into nine individual track for this release.

I've got that b-side in question it's just trapped on vinyl at the moment, and it's a shame they don't see fit to combine them although into one release.
T.Rex

chaz

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 01:05:36 am »

Doesn't look like it Kosmo...original 23 track album only.  I think you are looking for "And What You Give Is What You Get" with the Jams "Start" sample from the Shadrach single. 

And chaz, I have to respectfully disagree with you on PB.  Epic.

The beastie boys just didn't mix with the garage/ superfuzz/bigmuff/bleach/stooges/hypnotics/+steadydietofpunkrock that was my musical universe in the late 80's/early 90's.  I never got over it.  Blame it on the drugs.  To this day when i hear that record i still cringe and think of it blaring from every dorm window and rowhouse in richmond va. 

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement.  And have fun at soc. d you silly bastard.

renton007

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:44:28 am »
At one time I thought Mothers Milk was the best album ever, but then I finished 7th grade.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 08:29:30 pm »
let's not forget that pearl jam's "ten" is not only being re-issued/remastered - it was completely remixed.

https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-reissue-band%E2%80%99s-debut-album-ten
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 09:01:14 pm »
let's not forget that pearl jam's "ten" is not only being re-issued/remastered - it was completely remixed.

https://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-announces-reissue-band%E2%80%99s-debut-album-ten

The remix is on the second disc, just like the Loveless reissue.
😐 🎶