Author Topic: Modest Mouse Tickets?  (Read 23076 times)

redsock

Modest Mouse Tickets?
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:13:16 am »
Anyone actually get any? Knew lots of people who all got shut out...

themaestro

Re: Modest Mouse Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:16:00 am »
I got in for two and then managed to get back in for a third when one of my friends got shut out.  I normally don't have that kind of luck...

heather

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:18:26 am »
i got a pair.

imbecile

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:19:39 am »
D'oh.  I too know a lot of people that got shut-out.

Was hoping the system was screwed up since it's all double-booked and confusing on tickets.com.  Apparently not the case and we're all just too slow.  dammit.

jb1677

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 11:21:31 am »
Cant beleive how quick that went away - I got the "no more tickets" message at 10:02 and tried repeatedly after that thinking the system was just messed up.... guess not.

Seems to be baltimore tix available.

jason

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:27:56 am »
i got a pair.

you should consider lending them to walkonby, who is afraid of getting shot on U st.  i've been telling him to grow some for years, maybe loaners are the way to go.
<sig>

bellenseb

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 11:28:37 am »
I got one "system overloaded" message right at 10, then got in and got 2...

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:45 am »
So do I. But I bet mine look different than yours.

i got a pair.

heather

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:34 am »
you should consider lending them to walkonby, who is afraid of getting shot on U st.  i've been telling him to grow some for years, maybe loaners are the way to go.

So do I. But I bet mine look different than yours.

;D

danezbah

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:37:37 am »
Was locked out as well, kept trying from 10 onwards til 10:10 and kept getting system overload messages.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 11:37:59 am »
So, who wants to organize a forum party to get a group together to meet this guy under the guise of buying tix from him and then lynch him?

I'm not going to the show, so I don't care personally about the tix, but one person swallowing up 40 tickets for this show to sell at 100% profit is just obnoxious.

Yes, I know it is a free market and all, but these slugs should find a way to make money that actually adds something of value to society and is not just parasitic.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tix/1021779061.html

bellenseb

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:04 am »
So how did he do it? Does he have some app that attacks tickets.com with rapid-fire requests?

chrisinspace

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 11:49:36 am »
So how did he do it? Does he have some app that attacks tickets.com with rapid-fire requests?

He must.  I was on at 10:00:00 and never got through.  All I saw was error messages saying that the system was too busy to handle my request and then another message that said there weren't enough tickets together in the section I requested, even though I selected 1 Gen Adm.

I agree that capitalism is a wonderful thing, but vultures like that bastard on CraigsList are just taking advantage of people.

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 11:58:02 am »
Well stick him back. Don't buy his shit, and he's stuck with 39 extra tickets and out nearly two grand.

He must.  I was on at 10:00:00 and never got through.  All I saw was error messages saying that the system was too busy to handle my request and then another message that said there weren't enough tickets together in the section I requested, even though I selected 1 Gen Adm.

I agree that capitalism is a wonderful thing, but vultures like that bastard on CraigsList are just taking advantage of people.

jb1677

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:14 pm »
My bet is anyone with 40 tickets to sell minutes after they went on sale did not buy 40 when they went on sale.  The person likely had an allotment marked for them.  I have met folks that are proud to be "ticket brokers" that boast about their ability to obtain quantities of tickets before the public has had a crack at them, often at lower prices than the public will pay.

Jason