Author Topic: Modest Mouse Tickets?  (Read 23065 times)

Mr.Whippy

Re: Modest Mouse Tickets?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13:03 pm »
I don't know, it seems doubtful to me that the 9:30 blocks off allotments of tickets to go to brokers like arenas/amphitheaters do.  I would think it is more likely this guy found a way to hack the system. 

For shows that are going to be instant sellouts, the 9:30 should try to have a system that actually rewards fans for effort, rather than who lucks out trying to navigate an overrun computer system which might note even be a level playing field (as this CL ad points out).

For shows like this, what about having a box office onsale for half of the ticket allotment for a couple of hours before the online onsale starts?  That way people who really want the tickets can put in the effort to get them and get rewarded.  I know that creates challenges and I have a job and kid, too, but it still seems much more fair to reward effort and not just be some random online crapshoot like it is now.

Then, the rest of the alloted tickets could go onsale online to give out of town people or others that don't want to put in the effort a shot at tix.  This seems like a much better system to me, and one that would not be that hard to implement if the box office onsale was done at a time when the box office was open anyway.

dave24

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13:24 pm »
Is it just me, or is this just bad business sense on multiple levels?  Why even tell people you have 40 tickets?  Not only does it upset people, it also makes them think they can wait forever to buy your tickets.  After all, nobody is selling 40 tickets in a weekend.  They can wait around and see if your price drops.

Don't worry - if you got shut out, this guy will be in front of the club selling them at face value on the night of the show.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 12:17:04 pm »
Where's the link to this on your blog?

Is it just me, or is this just bad business sense on multiple levels?  Why even tell people you have 40 tickets?  Not only does it upset people, it also makes them think they can wait forever to buy your tickets.  After all, nobody is selling 40 tickets in a weekend.  They can wait around and see if your price drops.

Don't worry - if you got shut out, this guy will be in front of the club selling them at face value on the night of the show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 12:20:45 pm »
guys, just go to the Baltimore show. There are still tickets to that show as I type this.  ;D
(_|_)

lsease

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:48 pm »
FYI guys, the person who posted that ad on craigslist was not serious... I emailed them to try to get them to see what the deal was, and it was a fake ad. It'd be impossible to pull 40 tickets to that show...

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 12:45:32 pm »
Yay!  This is getting fun!

zenalex

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 12:47:29 pm »
Logan's profile was public 15 minutes ago, but now that he's been exposed it's private.

But that's ok, I saved all his pics =)  And I'm going to post them on CL along with his work address.

Sage 703

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 12:49:14 pm »
* grabs popcorn *

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »
Logan's profile was public 15 minutes ago, but now that he's been exposed it's private.

But that's ok, I saved all his pics =)  And I'm going to post them on CL along with his work address.

I'd advised strongly against this... and take your beef to PM or email or face getting banned from the forum
T.Rex

zenalex

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 12:52:17 pm »
I could care less about the forum.  I only care about showing scumbag scalpers justice.

dave24

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 12:53:58 pm »

This dude is a total fraud and guess what? I know who you are now and where you work.  So yes, I'm contacting the authorities because what you're doing is illegal. 

Well, I'm not sure this is the forum for threats.  But, I'll let the moderators decide - as that of course is not up to me.  However, if you check around, you'll find what he's doing is not illegal at all.  Ticket brokers sit in offices and do it, and have for decades in Washington DC.  The last I heard, the only thing illegal was to sell at the venue on the night of a show for above cost.

Feel free to follow up on that - I may be wrong.  But, "I know who you are now and where you work," seems a little out of line to me.  Just my opinion...

dave24

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:22 pm »
* grabs popcorn *

LOL - hilarious.

It does appear Kosmo has this firmly in-hand however.  I think soon enough there'll be someone shouting, "Ok people, move along.  Shows over - nothing to see here."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 12:55:39 pm »
I could care less about the forum.  I only care about showing scumbag scalpers justice.

then find some other place to perform this "justice"
T.Rex

zenalex

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 12:57:51 pm »
so everyone is sticking up for a scumbag that buys up all the tickets and immediately posts them on ebay at over 100% face value.  Ha, so be it. 

I'll take care of it myself.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 01:01:15 pm »
so everyone is sticking up for a scumbag that buys up all the tickets and immediately posts them on ebay at over 100% face value.  Ha, so be it. 

I'll take care of it myself.

if there is actual evidence of scalping taking place on  the forum, then users get banned....  note much can be done if it's happening outside of the forum
T.Rex