Author Topic: Thanks you to the scalpers  (Read 18889 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Thanks you to the scalpers
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 01:32:51 pm »
Oh...Modest Mouse.

I see now.

And making the forum more accessible than it was before makes for more bitch traffic when a show like this goes on sale.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:52 pm »
Signing up to a club's forum in order to baselessly post that said club's management is in bed with scalpers isn't exactly going to get you a positive response. I'm not saying that you did this but the OP sure as fuck did.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 02:36:38 pm »
I don't remmeber so many 930 club shows selling out before...12 listed on the main page. Animal Collective selling out before the show was even announced....this is great for the club, but i thought ticket sales were supposed to be down in a time of recession ;)

chrisinspace

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 02:42:50 pm »
I don't remmeber so many 930 club shows selling out before...12 listed on the main page. Animal Collective selling out before the show was even announced....this is great for the club, but i thought ticket sales were supposed to be down in a time of recession ;)

Hell...it's $30 to go to the movies now and get snacks.  Might as well spend a few extra bucks and go to a show...

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 03:15:37 pm »
I haven't seen an online lisp in a while!

Anyway, the club has nothing to do with people scalping tickets. You should be grateful that they even decided to do a DC-date, because they could've just made you go all the way to Baltimore (not THAT far, btw) to see your Modest Mouse.

My advice: Suck it up, show up early on the day of the show, and just get a ticket from a fan in line, or someone that has an extra then. I've seen some of the security for the club try and regulate people getting fair prices for their tickets as much as they can, and it's VERY much appreciated.
Woof.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:17:54 pm »
i thought ticket sales were supposed to be down in a time of recession ;)

I think a $20 concert ticket is a small luxury that most people think they can afford, so I'm not surprised that it appears ticket sales are up for a small venue like the 9:30 Club.  I'm not surprised that more expensive festivals are and probably will continue to struggle, and that bigger ticket purchases like cars are waaaaay down.
PANTS

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »
I'm not sure where you're paying 30 bucks for a movie ticket. And if you're buying the crappy snacks they sell there instead of bringing your own, you're more retarded than Isaac Brock.

Hell...it's $30 to go to the movies now and get snacks.  Might as well spend a few extra bucks and go to a show...

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 05:07:11 pm »

I think a $20 concert ticket is a small luxury that most people think they can afford, so I'm not surprised that it appears ticket sales are up for a small venue like the 9:30 Club.  I'm not surprised that more expensive festivals are and probably will continue to struggle, and that bigger ticket purchases like cars are waaaaay down.

I just bought a car

and havent been to a concert in months. :)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:35 pm »

I just bought a car

What did you get??

sonickteam2

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 05:18:23 pm »

I just bought a car

What did you get??

i got me a fancy new Acura TSX, smashing my wife Prius dreams!!!!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »
I think the club should limit ticket sales to 2 per person and require them to be picked up at will-call the night of the show where once you get your ticket you have to imm. enter the venue (no chance to resell).

chaz

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:58 pm »

I just bought a car

What did you get??

i got me a fancy new Acura TSX, smashing my wife Prius dreams!!!!

Nice  ;D

chaz

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 01:50:01 pm »
I think the club should limit ticket sales to 2 per person and require them to be picked up at will-call the night of the show where once you get your ticket you have to imm. enter the venue (no chance to resell).
Surely you can't be serious?

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 01:51:36 pm »

have you ever been to jam band show at the club where a line around the world forms from them needing to do full body searches on everybody coming in?  that would be every show at the club if will call only was introduced.

dave24

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 02:15:59 pm »

So we can have a thread on this board about how long the lines are every time we want to go to a show?

Oh - and the long lines, and 600 will call orders per sold out show at 2 per order, means more staff each night.  And don't you think the extra manpower would be figured into future ticket costs somehow, raising the price of tickets just THAT much more?