Author Topic: 2009 Grammy Awards  (Read 13959 times)

walkonby

Re: 2009 Grammy Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 05:33:21 pm »
woman hitting party going on today i see.  and who says a full moon doesn't equal interesting things.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9201246/Report:-WWE-wrestler-hits-female-fan-in-face?MSNHPHMA

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »
woman hitting party going on today i see.  and who says a full moon doesn't equal interesting things.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9201246/Report:-WWE-wrestler-hits-female-fan-in-face?MSNHPHMA

a WWE story, housed in the Nascar section: they should just create a "redneck sports" sub-site and get it over with.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »

a WWE story, housed in the Nascar section: they should just create a "redneck sports" sub-site and get it over with.

Mobius

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 07:20:42 pm »
that new U2 song sucks!  does it even meet the definition of 'song'? 

i couldn't understand what Stevie Wonder was doing w/ the Jonas Brothers until I remembered Obama's kids love them . . .and Barack and Michelle are Stevie fans . . . and Stevie is an Obama fan . . .so it turns out to be a cross-generational mix-up tailored to the Obamas . . .

Highlight for me was Robert Plant and Allison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett . . .yeah the Grammy love was predictable, but there was just something cool about seeing Plant so at ease . . .and seeing Krauss look so good . . . and the performance was nice.

Paper Planes is awesome, of course, but that 'Swagger Like Us' annoys me.  It takes a badazz song and makes it clunky and boring imo.  Plus the Hoyas play it when they come out for home games and I'm convinced its a factor in their disappointing season. 

sonickteam2

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 08:16:59 pm »
  i didnt watch the Grammys (didnt even know they were on) and i only read the first pitiful page of this thread.  But i just wanted to give a big manimtired "LOL!" at everyone who watched the Grammy's.

you're indie cred has been virtually stripped down to that of someone who doesnt even know Ben Gibbard is in DCFC AND the Postal Service!

and maybe even that of a Smashing Pumpkins fan!

sonickteam2

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 08:25:06 pm »
 I've just seen her perform live on shows like this a couple of times - and I always walk away

me too!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 12:00:10 am »
Radiohead with the marching band: Yeah, the mix was muddy, Thom Yorke didn't seem completely on...but I thought the visual effect and the arrangement was pretty gripping.

here's a youtube of RH's performance with almost acceptable sound: 15 steps, then a sheer drop.  there is another version on youtube that has a gzillion views but sounds like complete crap.  got this version from a RH msg board.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 01:45:45 pm »
chris brown spoiler.

associate of jay-z announced today, and i quote, "you (chris) messed with the wrong crew.  he is a walking dead man."

go rap music.  it's your birthday.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:49:38 pm by walkonby »

Mobius

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 09:23:38 pm »
chris brown spoiler.

associate of jay-z announced today, and i quote, "you (chris) messed with the wrong crew.  he is a walking dead man."

go rap music.  it's your birthday.

this is clearly an instance where street justice is warranted.