Author Topic: Signs of the times  (Read 4425 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Signs of the times
« on: February 11, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »
Muzak files for bankruptcy

Muzak, the company that put pop, string-filled arrangements of rock songs in your elevator, filed bankruptcy papers Tuesday after it missed a $105 million payment to creditors.

😐 🎶

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Signs of the times
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 09:52:01 pm »
 :o :o :o

I just heard an elevator come to a screeching halt.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:22:39 pm »
Good fucking riddance.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:18:05 am »
I worked in this health food restaurant about... jesus... 20 years ago and we had around 20 Muzak tapes, but it wasn't the new age crap, it was total hipster stuff and it was awesome! I remember one that had Cabaret Voltaire, Gang of Four, the Pop Group, and Crass on it, and another had a mix of great jams, ie the Dead, Allmans, Hawkwind, etc.

So don't paint with too wide a brush, you're liable to color where you oughtn't.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:57:14 am »
effen hell, relaxer, it's too early to be pulling this sh*t.  save it for the PM, will ya?  sheesh, off to grab another green tea. 

i think your post brought on a severe case of seasonal affective disorder.  thanks.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:40:46 pm »
effen hell, relaxer, it's too early to be pulling this sh*t.  save it for the PM, will ya?  sheesh, off to grab another green tea. 

i think your post brought on a severe case of seasonal affective disorder.  thanks.

I've read this four times now and I still don't know what you're on about. This just might represent a crack in our alliance.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 03:51:00 pm »

I've read this four times now and I still don't know what you're on about. This just might represent a crack in our alliance.

maybe he was referring to this:

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1029680

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 04:07:56 pm »
I'm a very busy high-powered executive, and as such I have no time to watch videos and the like. Can you please summarize it for me?
oword

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 04:18:12 pm »
I'm a very busy high-powered executive, and as such I have no time to watch videos and the like. Can you please summarize it for me?

batwoman gave up hotdogs for cherry pie.

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:33 pm »
that's a damn good metaphor walkonby, almost paradigm-shifting
oword

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »
that's a damn good metaphor walkonby, almost paradigm-shifting

that's a mighty big word there.

mighty big.  ;)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 05:34:02 pm »

here's how that reply came about: when i first read your "cool hipster muzak tapes" post, i was left scratching my head... because muzak is muzak - whether it's the beatles or the dead, it's still insipid, insulting muzak.  i couldn't seriously believe that you were defending the stuff, so i was wracking (sp?) my brain trying to figure out what you must have really meant.  there had to be a subtle joke, some social commentary, something... and failed.  in a fit of mild paranoia, i imagined you planning exactly this outcome.  you were laughing at me.  so i lashed out.  cognitive dissonance got the better of me.

the truth isn't always pretty.  sry.  but rest assured, the alliance is strong.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:39:35 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>