Author Topic: Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead  (Read 16984 times)

Arthwys

Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:14:41 pm »
Wow....just.....wow.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/43257

NME News

Miley Cyrus disses Radiohead
Radiohead
'I'm gonna ruin them!' rants the teen star

Mar 5, 2009
0 Comments
Radiohead news, reviews, video and tour dates
Add Radiohead to MyNME
Miley Cyrus has spoken out against her one-time "favourite" band, Radiohead. In an interview with a Portland radio station reprinted by Pitchfork, the teen star vented her anger at the band for snubbing her at this year's Grammy Awards.

The singer, who claims Radiohead are "the reason I love music", was less than amused when the band turned down an invitation to meet her backstage at the Los Angeles event last month.

Apparently, when she extended the invitation to meet the band, Radiohead's team told Cyrus's people that "the band doesn't really do that."

"The reason I'm in this business is to make people happy," she said, implying that Radiohead aren't. She added, "I left 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch. Stinkin' Radiohead! I'm gonna ruin them, I'm going to tell everyone."
Emrys

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:51:38 pm »
Bombay called on pitchfork....  And it sounds like miley has hired oasis's pr firm
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:55:33 pm »
what a crybaby.  I wouldnt want to meet her either.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:21 pm »
Thing is her handlers have probably snubbed more than their share of "important" people during her "career".... It's only a matter of time before damage control kicks in.... Kinds like the hubbub over the vanity fair photos
T.Rex

Mobius

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 11:41:55 pm »
good for them

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:46 pm »
WTF is she going to do to "ruin" RH?  turn the 10-to-14-year-old female demographic against them?

actually, she could start covering radiohead songs - that would definitely lower their stock :D

radiohead aren't in it to make people happy?  really?  has she read any RH lyrics?
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:38 pm »
If you all actually listened to this interview, she's laughing when she says it and was being sarcastic in response to a DJ saying it was alright to reveal what band it was that "snubbed" her. There's lots of things to flip out on Miley Cyrus over, but this isn't really one.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 12:01:19 am »
actually, she could start covering radiohead songs - that would definitely lower their stock :D
She drops some Creep at the end of the interview.

More atrocious from her interview was her calling Boys II Men rap, her saying she heard a "rumor" that Kings Of Leon's dad was a preacher, and one of the DJs stating several times that he had never even heard of Radiohead.

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:29 am »
Miley doesn't have to ruin Radiohead.  They've been doing a pretty good job of ruining themselves over the last decade without her help...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:39:21 am by vansmack »
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 01:20:24 am »
Miley doesn't have to ruin Radiohead.  They've been doing a pretty good job of ruining themselves over the last decade without her help...

i was going to post a snarky response to that, but instead i'll give you the benefit of the doubt: please define "ruining themselves".  i can think of several indicator by which they can be considered extremely successful.  let's not confuse "ruin" with personal disapproval.
<sig>

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 08:14:07 am »
He should consider himself lucky.  ;D

[ and one of the DJs stating several times that he had never even heard of Radiohead.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:33:29 am »
she's just bein' Miley.

nkotb

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:48:05 am »
Anyone think it's lame that they refused?  I mean come on...I know Radiohead isn't really "kid-friendly," but she's a teenage girl that supposedly loves the band.  Get off your high, depressed horse and just do a quick meet & greet.  What a bunch of primadonnas...

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:25 am »
They definitely could use a Wayne Coyne beatdown.

Anyone think it's lame that they refused?  I mean come on...I know Radiohead isn't really "kid-friendly," but she's a teenage girl that supposedly loves the band.  Get off your high, depressed horse and just do a quick meet & greet.  What a bunch of primadonnas...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 10:06:33 am »
"According to Reuters, the VH1 Storytellers filming came five days after West was supposedly snubbed backstage at the Grammys by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke. West has constantly declared his love of Radiohead and especially Yorke?s solo album The Eraser. ?I don?t listen to rap in my apartment, I listen to Thom Yorke,? Yeezy posted in November 2008. But the snub perturbed the 808s rapper. ?So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the fuck down,?

pretty sure she was making fun of that
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/kanye-wests-vh1-storytellers-wont-air-rappers-radiohead-diss-chris-brown-support/