Author Topic: Hippies in Hampton get their mellow harshed  (Read 6348 times)

Sage 703

Re: Hippies in Hampton get their mellow harshed
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 11:54:17 pm »
best three day set of any  band i  have ever seen.  almost feel spoiled . . . as if any other phish show from here on out will be, "not as good as hampton."   

that might be absolutely true.

fatskippy

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 10:36:36 am »
There will be better shows but these were a great start.  Sucks that I have to wait another 3 months to see them again

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:38:42 am »
   this board never ceases to amaze me.

walkonby

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:13:11 pm »

is this some sort of sassy snicker at fact that phish (their shows/music/experience) became the topic of, i'm sure over by now, semi-consumed interest on a board meant to be centered around an alternate life reily's independent individuality (musical/literary consumption/movie/number of band with strange names shows attended)?  if so, that's fine . . . it is sort of odd on here.  but i can't think of another band right doing three shows in a row at the same venue, pumping out every major song of their history plus four to five covers (george jones/beatles, twice/stones/edgar winter), then offering to those who complained about not being about to get in--there were tons of sad looking people in the lots attempting with the one finger salute--and everybody else, free mp3 downloads online of the entire show from a band that usually makes you pay for anything live.  plus each show was fifty dollars a ticket face for a "huge comeback show" in a era where tons of artists attempt $70-100 each or more. 

Relaxer

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 02:08:55 pm »
best three day set of any  band i  have ever seen.  

Aww, you're going to make all those other three-day set bands cry.
oword

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 02:20:35 pm »

is this some sort of sassy snicker

not saying anything about Phish as a band at all.  Its just amazing that this show can go from listening to the most obscure of indie bands ever to a bunch of Gnarls Barkley, Coldplay, U2, Phish fanatics in zero time flat.

I am constantly marvelling at the amount of time people have to devote to listening to so much music, both live and on record. 

I realize that i rarely ever believe it when people say this about any band but , here goes "i dont think i've ever heard a Phish song" 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2009, 02:30:52 pm »
I'm pretty positive I've never heard a Phish song either.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 02:47:08 pm »
Police seize more than $1 million in drugs from Phish fans 
Updated 19h 47m ago | Comments 3  | Recommend 1  E-mail | Save | Print |   

HAMPTON, Va. (AP) ? Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.

Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.

Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.

Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.
OU812

azaghal1981

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:46:12 pm »
Holy "Stash" jam!

And the transition back into the song...perfect.
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 07:57:33 am »
احمد