Author Topic: You Think Your Job Sucks? Try Working for Lenny Dykstra  (Read 3262 times)

bellenseb

You Think Your Job Sucks? Try Working for Lenny Dykstra
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »
The funniest thing I have read in a while...

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_8558
?You see, Kevin, The Players Club is not just a magazine. It?s an actual club of players helping players. Do you want to be a part of the Players Club??

At this point, I commit my first strategic blunder: Instead of saying yes, I say I?d like to hear a little more about his business before signing on. Lenny hands me a new MacBook Air??Dude, this will be one of your computers when you take this job??and I sit down next to him as he pulls up his own PC laptop and we descend into the strange, time-sucking vortex that is working with Lenny Dykstra. For the next two hours, I sit there on the sofa, two feet away from Lenny, as he e-mails me things?Players Club slide shows, YouTube clips, articles about himself?from his laptop. The only magazine business we talk about is a new Players Club logo. Lenny e-mails me a link to it, then calls his flight attendant?an attractive woman in her midtwenties?into the room and gets her opinion, too. The attendant likes the logo.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: You Think Your Job Sucks? Try Working for Lenny Dykstra
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:34:28 am »
excellent read! my perception of 245 Park is forever changed - especially as Im always sending things over to that office. Maybe if he had taken a flight downstairs he could have visited Blackstone Group for some help. Like that could have happened.
HeyLa

godsshoeshine

Re: You Think Your Job Sucks? Try Working for Lenny Dykstra
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:53:44 am »
i just kept thinking to myself 'if greg lloyd ever asks you to work with him, SAY NO'
o/\o