Author Topic: Hey Seth!  (Read 16845 times)

Shadrach

Re: Hey Seth!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:34 am »
Last time I was there I paid $16 for a double Stoli and Cranberry. When did Stoli become Jean Marc XO? I'm just going to DC9 or Duffy's and drinking before I go to any show at 9:30 because the prices having gotten ridiculous and completely incommensurate with any other place I go to see a show. You're a music venue, not Russia House.

Stoli is $8.00 and if you order a double you get a true double and therefor pay for two shots.

bellenseb

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 11:19:48 am »
More of a general question...is a price list available anywhere? Is it just a policy of bars and clubs in general to try to keep prices of alcohol on a need-to-know basis? Just curious.

I don't really drink at shows and therefore it's not much of an issue for me, but it just seems like a funny quirk of the club/bar/restaurant business - you often see posted prices for food but not drinks...for example take the 930 menu - why not post prices for beer?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:21:16 am »
$9 guinness?! :o

Just to clarify, a Guinness draft is $7.00. However the Pub Can, which is 14.9 oz. as compared to our 12 oz. tap draft does run $9.00.

ah, thanks for confirming that.  although slightly above average, those prices aren't horrible.  i was afraid that pints were $9.... a tempest in a solo cup.
<sig>

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:15 am »
I've always wondered the same thing.

My general thought was that people would buy less or choose something less expensive if they knew the price in advance. If they don't, their more likely to just choose what they want, then potentially suffer the consequences.

That's just the opinion of Mr. Thrifty here.

More of a general question...is a price list available anywhere? Is it just a policy of bars and clubs in general to try to keep prices of alcohol on a need-to-know basis? Just curious.

I don't really drink at shows and therefore it's not much of an issue for me, but it just seems like a funny quirk of the club/bar/restaurant business - you often see posted prices for food but not drinks...for example take the 930 menu - why not post prices for beer?

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 11:25:11 am »
Pints probably are around $9, since a 12 oz cup is only 75% of a pint.

$9 guinness?! :o

Just to clarify, a Guinness draft is $7.00. However the Pub Can, which is 14.9 oz. as compared to our 12 oz. tap draft does run $9.00.

ah, thanks for confirming that.  although slightly above average, those prices aren't horrible.  i was afraid that pints were $9.... a tempest in a solo cup.

bellenseb

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 11:28:23 am »
Now that I think about it, the Black Cat does post prices for bottles/draft/straightforward rail drinks on a board behind the bar (but not on their web site). Does the 930 do this? I can't remember.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:41:01 am »
If you're comparing the two, it's also noteworthy that Black Cat publishes ticket prices in their print ads, and 9:30 Club does not.

Now that I think about it, the Black Cat does post prices for bottles/draft/straightforward rail drinks on a board behind the bar (but not on their web site). Does the 930 do this? I can't remember.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 11:42:50 am »

d'oh.  imperial measurement system comprehension fail.
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 11:53:36 am »

d'oh.  imperial measurement system comprehension fail.

and an imperial pint (20 oz.) would be $11.67

(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 01:24:22 pm »
now that's just pedantic.

The United States Customary System for units of measurement, also known in the United States as English, Imperial or standard units, is the primary and most commonly-used system of units of measurement in the United States (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_customary_units)
<sig>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 01:25:47 pm »
last time we raised prices was maybe 3 yrs ago

rather than raise them .50 more often, we wait until it's time to raise them $1.00

obviously the wholesale costs go up more frequently than we raise prices...when it gets to the point where my bar manager says "ummm, we're getting whacked here", then we raise them and don't raise them again til that point

hey listen, you know, if it were up to me I'd give away free drinks all night, but the kids want silly things like clothes to wear to school

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 02:06:29 pm »
hey listen, you know, if it were up to me I'd give away free drinks all night, but the kids want silly things like clothes to wear to school

Why don't they just gamble with you on stuff like that?  They're sure to win...
27>34

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 02:20:31 pm »
What are you outfitting them in, Louis Vuitton?

distance

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
what happened to the old 'hey seth' thread?

is it too early to put in a request for aphex twin again?

Shadrach

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 03:14:37 pm »
What are you outfitting them in, Louis Vuitton?

Nope, heat to toe 9:30 merch.