Author Topic: Shows at Nation  (Read 3880 times)

Bags

Shows at Nation
« on: March 09, 2004, 11:08:00 am »
I've got friends going to the Strokes show tonight.  [Okay, I'm going too...someone bought me a ticket and one guy's going who only knows me, and he never goes to shows, so I gotta go....}

The only info we can find is that doors open at 7:00.  I do want to see The Sounds -- can we assume that these Nation shows start early?  Should we be there by 8:00?  [Which fills me with dread - the idea of 3 or 4 hours at Nation....ugh.]

Any ideas?

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
Re: Shows at Nation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 12:09:00 pm »
Probably asking the wrong bunch of people on this board because they wouldn't step near Nation.

Anyway, they're fairly good with their time schedules. Every show I've seen that, that I've not put on, does go pretty well on time.  If doors are at 7, you can expect they'll have the first band on around 7:45 or 8pm.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

Bags

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 12:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:
  Probably asking the wrong bunch of people on this board because they wouldn't step near Nation.

Thanks -- they have some interesting show occasionally at Nation(Echo & the Furs, Bad Religion...), though I hate the place.  Plus, we do have folks on here like flawd.    ;)

tiia

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
probably a stupid question, but do we know if the show is sold out?

Bags

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 12:42:00 pm »
tiia, a friend of mine who works at a ticketmaster outlet said the show is now sold out.  But, not a stupid question as it only recently sold out...

tiia

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 12:49:00 pm »
drrr.....Ive got to start buy advance tickets.

jkeisenh

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
Lots of folks are attempting to unload tickets to tonight's show last minute at http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/tix

tiia

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimblysweep:
  Lots of folks are attempting to unload tickets to tonight's show last minute at  http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/tix
$75 for 2 tickets?  I thought they were going for $20 dollars....how much does ticketmaster add for service?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
if you get there too early, and just to wile away some time, nexus gold is a block away.  there's always a show going on there.
OU812

jkeisenh

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by tiia:

Originally posted by chimblysweep:
  Lots of folks are attempting to unload tickets to tonight's show last minute at   http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/tix  
$75 for 2 tickets?  I thought they were going for $20 dollars....how much does ticketmaster add for service? [/b]
Umm... that wouldn't be a ticketmaster fee.  That would be an "i am a scalper" fee.  Or perhaps the folks offering these tickets would call it a "procrastination fee."  Or you could look at it as the only way to get tickets at this point.

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 01:49:00 pm »
Like many of you, I detest Nation. I can never get over the sheer lack of character and how rude the staff are. The acoustics have gotten better, but once upon a time it was really the pits. I have seen some good shows there, but generally I avoid that place. Bands don't like playing there either...I think the last show I saw there was the Damned and they commented that next time they were coming back to town it would be to the 9:30 or Black Cat, but not there.

Mongo

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 02:13:00 pm »
I've only been to Nations once and have forgotten all about what it was like there.  I guess that says something about the place.  Should be interesting.  

Tiia, if you are looking for tickets check the ticket exchange forum.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mongo:
 Tiia, if you are looking for tickets check the ticket exchange forum.
And hurry, as that post will be taken off soon (they no longer allow ticket exchanges for non-I.M.P. shows to be posted here).

Or P.M. mongo...

Mongo

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
Wow, I must have not read the fine print.  Sorry IMP.  Anyway, its not a scalper thing, just over-bought, thats all.

Bags

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
Never thought you were scalping, just giving a heads up on a policy on the board that catches a lot of folks off guard.    ;)