Author Topic: Primal Scream roll call  (Read 14051 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Primal Scream roll call
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 01:02:24 pm »
I am STILL recovering from Friday night! I had the best time...the sound right up front was too focused on Innes' guitar, but ultimately I thought it was a great show. Anyone else go to the Backbar after the show? The entire band was down there, I ended up buying shots for most of them, LOL. Duffy, Mani, Darren, Innes were all so cool. I will report more later...it was really quite a great night!

azaghal1981

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 01:16:17 pm »
Joe and I were down there briefly but Joe was being a bitch and wanted to leave like five minutes after we had gotten down there.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 01:43:54 pm »
This is just awesome! Enjoy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpuIe_MXMQ

higher than the sun has never sounded more beautiful.
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 10:54:22 am »
It was all about DEEP HIT OF MORNING SUN!!!!!! 
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 12:29:08 pm »
I couldn't believe how "normal" the band was. I remember hearing the insane and legendary narcotic intake they had, but they were all so...dare I say this...ORDINARY? Not that that's a bad thing. Bobby Gillespie is incredibly shy, seemed like a nice guy but I think he was just steering clear of temptation. Mani is the clear extrovert. He told me that everyone in the Roses is on board for a reunion (yes, even John Squire), but Ian is the one holding out. Duffy was one awesome guy, so was Darrin Mooney. Kid Congo Powers was there too, got to hang out with him a bit. I thought it was kind of weak that they were charging $5 to get into the Back Bar, but at least the DJ was pretty cool. At one point I was buying shots for some of the guys in the band, LOL. Gillespie and Mani don't even drink, which I thought was interesting. I'm bummed they didn't play "Higher Than the Sun" and "Suicide Sally & Johnny Guitar", but "Accelerator" kicked ass, as did "Swastika Eyes", "Movin' on Up", "Deep Hit", etc. I need to get in better shape if I'm going survive the stretch of shows in May. My knees were KILLING me after Thursday and Friday nights. I got invited up for the NYC show, I'm bummed I didn't go, but I'd be SO useless this week if I had gone.

azaghal1981

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 12:32:35 pm »
I'm guessing they charged that$5 in order to be able to pay the DJ's. They did the same thing post-Booka Shade on wednesday.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 01:47:44 pm »
Bearman -- are they playing 'come together' at all on this tour? Ive not followed much of their tour but from what ive heard no one has mentioned it. sounds like an awesome time with the band.
HeyLa

bearman🐻

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 02:37:27 pm »
Not that I'm aware of...at one point they were playing "Loaded", which I would have loved to hear, but "Come Together" hasn't been played in a while.

wc

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »

all that country/rockability stuff was always going to be boring.  too bad they played so much of it.

uh you don't know much about music, seeing as none of their stuff resembles country or rockabilly... try garage rock ala The Stooges or MC5 or blues rock ala The Rolling Stones.

i was just talking about their sound on 'riot city blues.' i guess 'country girl' was the only song from that album they played, but in my defense other tracks from that disc include: 'we're gonna boogie', 'nitty gritty', and 'dolls (sweet rock 'n roll).'  you can call it whatever you want, it's still pretty weak stuff.

i was hoping to hear tracks from 'screamadelica' and 'xtrmntr,' and they played a bunch--the best tunes of the night.

p.s. also, you're right.  i don't know anything about music.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2009, 04:54:41 pm »
Beautiful Future is a least being released in Digital format on 4/28 available at Amazon, probably Lala and Rhapsody and that other site.
T.Rex