Author Topic: Primal Scream roll call  (Read 14056 times)

Christine Moritz

Re: Primal Scream roll call
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »
I liked them better in their Xterminator and Evil Heat days...but thinking about going to this...toss up between this, or staying in Baltimore to see Asobi Seksu.
Asobi Seksu seem to play in this area pretty frequently -- who knows when you'll get to see Primal Scream again?

azaghal1981

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 06:32:42 pm »
They've cancelled their last few appearances. Asobi, that is.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:44 pm »
That is sad (re. the Philly attendance)... I remember Primal Scream's show circa "Exterminator" as pretty well-attended.

In fact, there were even noisy meathead types who looked like they would have gladly beaten up the members of Primal Scream in high school, had they been given the chance.

For the Primal Scream show in Chicago at the metro the club was giving away tickets to the show if you were on the mailing list.  Just shows they aren't selling out or selling well for their shows.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 01:11:02 am »
Massive show start to finish with the cool bonus of getting to hear the guitarist from Little Barrie as a member of the Scream....  Last four songs, Swastika Eyes, Movin' On Up, Rocks and <draws blank on song title> was fantastic
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 01:22:17 am »
That was the best closing sequence of songs I've seen in a long while!

Agreed about the whole thing being phenominal, though.
 The title you're having trouble thinking of is "Accelerator."
احمد

betao

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 03:09:32 am »
amazing show. Here is the full setlist if anyone is curious (taken from a copy from the stage)

kill all hippies
can't go back
miss lucifer
country girl
jailbird
bomb drops
beautiful future
deep hit
exterminator
suicide bomb
sick city
shoot speed/light kill
swastika eyes
movin on up
rocks
accelerator

got to meet most of the band afterward, talked alot with Barry, very nice guy. all of them were ace folks.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 10:31:19 am »
great setlist and great show. they really did blaze through all the songs

wc

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 10:38:53 am »
had high hopes for this show, but it was a big letdown.  'kill all hippies,' 'swastika eyes,' 'movin' on up,' were great.  the rest of the set was a drag.  the band didn't sound that tight, mani's bass needed to be louder, and the vocals were pretty shite.

all that country/rockability stuff was always going to be boring.  too bad they played so much of it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 11:26:59 am »

all that country/rockability stuff was always going to be boring.  too bad they played so much of it.

uh you don't know much about music, seeing as none of their stuff resembles country or rockabilly... try garage rock ala The Stooges or MC5 or blues rock ala The Rolling Stones.
T.Rex

RustyOrgan

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »
Awesome show!  Just wished more people had shown up.  It's really a treat seeing a band this good playing a small venue like 9:30.  If anyone wasn't digging the show then...  well, they suck - etc. blah blah blah.
But yeah!  Cool!  Fucking Primal Scream!!  Great set list too!!!

betao

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 01:03:48 pm »
a few pics from last night

Mobius

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »
Primal Scream has been a lot of things . . .last night they were just a fun as sh*t rock band . . .Mani's bass could have been louder but it was still there, the sweet spot of every tune . . . and Innes tore it up . . . peak for me was Shoot Speed Kill Light . . .love that song

teepo

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 11:20:26 pm »
holy shit at the setlist.

i'm an idiot!

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2009, 04:24:54 am »
Really cool show friday night! Nice seeing Kosmo and I saw Bearman up front and then he vanished afterward. Don't know when they would ever come around again....

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2009, 11:58:08 am »
The show at Webster Hall was amazing. We were waiting in line to get in the club when all of a sudden a taxi door opens and out comes Mani and Bobby. It was a great way to start the night.

I couldnt stand Kuroma but thankfully it was maybe a 20 min set at most. They were pretty 'eh' and none of us liked them.

Didnt take long before Primal Scream came on. Early show starting at 9pm due to webster hall's club night, but the band seemed beyond excited to be back again playing in NYC. The crowd was just awesome - I dont think Ive met nicer fans in a long time. All the guys were letting me go in front of them so I could see and we were all dancing together.

While I cant say Im a huge fan of them, it had been nearly 20 years since I first saw them in SF for the Screamadelica tour. I really only knew most their early stuff - aside from Country Girl and a few other new songs. friend was disappointed nothing off of Vanishing Point - but I was super excited to hear 'Movin' On Up' and 'Higher Than The Sun'. "Swastika Eyes" before Movin On Up was easily the highlight. The place went nuts and it was just a frenzy of everyone dancing with their hands in the air. It felt like that scene in Trainspotting at the club where it was just one big group of people in unison dancing together.

It was a great show and I was so glad I didnt miss them. The place was pretty empty when I got there and it did manage to fill up. Not sure if it ever sold out. In general it was mostly an older crowd but with a ticket price of $40 at the door, it just felt so ridiculously expensive. I found quite a few people who couldnt get rid of tickets, which is usually pretty unheard of.

If anyone was the NYC show and happens to know the setlist - please post it here. Was trying to find it online, but havent yet found it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:00:11 pm by xneverwherex »
HeyLa