Author Topic: Mates Of State Roll Call  (Read 3599 times)

wml7

Mates Of State Roll Call
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »
I'm in for Richmond and DC.  Also is Mates of State closing or Black Kids?

killsaly

Re: Mates Of State Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:33:14 pm »
mates of state are the headliners.

Ill be at the dc show. 

redsock

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:22:31 pm »
Also at the DC show. Funny how Mates of State couldn't even get into the Black Cat a few years ago, now sold out at 9:30.

Staralfur25

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:19 am »
There to see the Black Kids....
never heard of mates of state and think they are okay...
don't really get how these two are touring together???

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 07:08:19 am »
To me, they seem perfectly matched.

There to see the Black Kids....
never heard of mates of state and think they are okay...
don't really get how these two are touring together???

yohansen5b

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 07:27:32 am »
My girlfriend and I will be there.  I'm looking forward to the show.

wml7

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 07:39:23 am »
for what its worth Mates of State always put on a great show, seen black kids once at lolla and not too shabby, I haven't seen the sunbears.

killsaly

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 11:22:10 am »
Also at the DC show. Funny how Mates of State couldn't even get into the Black Cat a few years ago, now sold out at 9:30.
Their Ottobar stop last year didnt seem sold out. 
I dont know if I will come early for Black Kids.  I have seen them live twice now. The first time was horrible, and the second time was just ok (the same Lolla set from last year i imagine you are referring to wml7, which i mainly watched to be able and sit in the shade for a bit.)

Mates of State are always great.

wml7

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 11:31:34 am »
Their Ottobar stop last year didnt seem sold out. 
I dont know if I will come early for Black Kids.  I have seen them live twice now. The first time was horrible, and the second time was just ok (the same Lolla set from last year i imagine you are referring to wml7, which i mainly watched to be able and sit in the shade for a bit.)

Mates of State are always great.

yup saw them at last years lolla.  Caught a few songs including the i'm teaching your bf one and then left.  It was alright I guess.

xcanuck

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »
Mrs xcanuck and I will be there. Sold out? Really? I was surprised they were playing the 9:30 Club in the first place. Shows how much I know.

wml7

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:11 am »
Just got back from the Richmond show.  For all that is going to the Sat show make sure you catch the Sunbears.  They were pretty good.  Flaming Lipish I guess you could say.  Black Kids were alright.  I just never got into them but the hipsters love em.  Mates of State were awesome as usual.  Great chemistry and sounded great.  Sat will be great.

eltee

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:13:06 pm »
mates of state are the headliners.
What are set times please? (I asked eddie the other day, haven't heard back.)
You all raved about them early this year, probably why it sold, or others are coming to see one of the other two bands.

wml7

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 09:02:27 am »
Show was great.  Sunbears were good like I said before, Flaming Lipish.  Black Kids alright.  930 club has a much better sound system then the national and the black kids sounded really loud as compared to the show at the national.  Mates of State were awesome as usual.  Pretty much same set list from the National with a few different songs in the mix.  Such a cute couple.  Bad thing about the night was credit card system was down so had to use ATM to get cash which atm took at least 5 mins per person.