Author Topic: Katy Perry's armpit  (Read 14070 times)

Katy Perry's armpit
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:55:04 am »
Personally, I think a bit of hair or at least some stubble would look far sexier than baldness, but perhaps that's just me still stuck in the 70's or dreaming of all the hairy women I saw the first time I went to Europe in the 80's as a shy young American college lad.

Can anybody explain the appeal of the armpit glamour shot? You never see it used in pictures of men or real female musicians who are playing the Club.

serpent boy

Re: Katy Perry's armpit
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 08:57:46 am »
Haha, I've noticed myself mesmerized by the armpit last night and this morning. Why make your pit the focal point of a "band photo"?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:55:26 am »

i think it has less to do with highlighting the pit than having her arm in the air as something to playfully hide behind - so raise your bare arm = showing your pit.  why she couldn't we a top with sleeves - who knows.  take a look at a "nightlife"/"where to go out" publication and you'll see lots of men doing the hide-behind-the-arm-pit shot.  admittedly, they're mostly ads for gay dance clubs :P

let's agree to disagree about ladies shaving their arm pits.  file it under my preference for vive la difference.  men are big hairy apes, women are smooth visions of beauty and grace.  and before someone gets on my case, yes i realize it's a pain, and can be seen as oppressive, and why don't you go shave yourself mister, etc.

a while back i was thinking of starting a thread on personal grooming/trimming habits.  maybe we can re-purpose this one...

<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07:11 am »
and those bangles are hor-ri-ble.  you should be talking about that.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 10:35:16 am »
Sure they are, if that's the way they choose to groom themselves.

women are smooth visions of beauty and grace. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:47:12 am »
There are women that are hairier than me.
I had a fight with a lesbian coworker once. I eventually had to use a fighting word so I called her "chewbacca".
She went nuts.

men are big hairy apes, women are smooth visions of beauty and grace.  

(_|_)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 01:50:57 pm »
What is the freaking obsession with women and bangs in the mid-atlantic region? I've been wondering that myself.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 02:01:54 pm »
Is Katy Perry from around here?

My wife was trying to do the bang thing for awhile, much to my dismay. She seems to have some to her senses.

What is the freaking obsession with women and bangs in the mid-atlantic region? I've been wondering that myself.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 02:28:56 pm »
Glad I'm not the only one. I caught some shit the other night from friends who were speaking in the tone of "who cares? as long as they bend over..." Well, sure, but it still doesn't change the fact bangs look fucking stupid and fresh out of a bad 80's movie.

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »
"she bangs"
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 02:52:15 pm »
today i learned that rhett thinks that neither he nor neko case are aging well, and he likes a little hair in a womans pits

quite the interesting fellow
o/\o

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 03:12:04 pm »
Thanks for the compliment Mr. Shine. But I still won't be starting my own blog thread.

today i learned that rhett thinks that neither he nor neko case are aging well, and he likes a little hair in a womans pits

quite the interesting fellow

godsshoeshine

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 03:40:04 pm »
you are welcome
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 04:21:53 pm »
Thanks for the compliment Mr. Shine. But I still won't be starting my own blog thread.

Are you afraid the views will equal the number of posts?
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 04:24:25 pm »
i'd read it
o/\o