Author Topic: Phil Spector Verdict  (Read 11587 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Phil Spector Verdict
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »
Jury has reached a verdict...courtroom opens at 4:30 eastern time with verdict to be read shortly after.

This alleged crime took place in 2003.  Gotta love that swift American justice system.  Wonder how much this trial cost the good taxpaying folks of California.

Sage 703

Re: Phil Spector Verdict
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:42:03 pm »
Jury has reached a verdict...courtroom opens at 4:30 eastern time with verdict to be read shortly after.

This alleged crime took place in 2003.  Gotta love that swift American justice system.  Wonder how much this trial cost the good taxpaying folks of California.

The vast, vast, vast majority of trials go much, much, much faster than that.

chaz

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:47:29 pm »

Yet still, many, many, many trials go very, very very slowly.

Sage 703

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:55:49 pm »

Define how many you're talking about when you say many, out of curiosity.  Care to slap a percentage on it? 

To be fair: I think you're wrong, and I believe I can back it up - but I'd be curious to know what your presumption is before I go there.

chaz

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 05:11:47 pm »

Define how many you're talking about when you say many, out of curiosity.  Care to slap a percentage on it? 

To be fair: I think you're wrong, and I believe I can back it up - but I'd be curious to know what your presumption is before I go there.

I can't quantify it.  But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe that cases like this, decades-long death row appeals etc, cost the taxpayers tons of $$.  And these are just the cases that make the media. 

You don't think the justice system could use a little belt tightening?

Sage 703

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »

I can't quantify it.  But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe that cases like this, decades-long death row appeals etc, cost the taxpayers tons of $$.  And these are just the cases that make the media. 

You don't think the justice system could use a little belt tightening?

I mean, sure - but I think taking the Phil Spector case as an example is ridiculous.  These cases make the media BECAUSE they are high profile and take that long.

About 95% of jury trials are concluded in three days or less.

chaz

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 05:25:03 pm »
Guilty of 2nd degree murder.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 05:26:28 pm »
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »

I mean, sure
Glad you agree with me!

Sage 703

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 05:41:17 pm »

chaz

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »
Phil Spector totally kills, though.
Woof.

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 08:31:38 am »
doesnt all the great music he helped mold and create outweigh the life on one crappy actress?

i'm going to hell for saying that.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:34 am »
They should give his wig 15 years to life.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 03:09:23 pm »
<sig>