Author Topic: Is it ok to wear a baseball hat to your kid's doctor's appointment  (Read 8724 times)

ggw

Re: Is it ok to wear a baseball hat to your kid's doctor's appointment
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
As far as the fashion question, I think your ball cap is okay as long as you properly accessorized with flip flops or a tattered SUNY-Albany Coed Naked Volleyball t-shirt.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 04:18:31 pm »
Maybe she thinks that a doctor will give better care to someone she views as a white collar professional rather than uneducated working class trash?

huh. that's a potentially valid concern.  at a minimum, i'd be concerned about how much she'd bother explaining things to me based on that professional/white trash assessment, how pedantic she'd be, etc.

although one would hope that the doc is professional enough to afford the same care to all her patients. 
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:09 pm »
although one would hope that the doc is professional enough to afford the same care to all her patients. 
Not in Julian's America!

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 08:04:18 pm »
According to Smackette, hands down the best pediatrician I know:

"I have never noticed whether one of my parents did or did not have a hat on. As long as they don't smell like smoke, it is fine by me."
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 08:48:29 am »
is she a furner though
o/\o

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:37 am »
Of course she is right about everything.   ;)  That is why I ended up not wearing my hat to the doctor. 

i'd say if youre the one doing the paying, you can wear whatever you want. however, i believe you have said your wife is right about everything. to take your side here, id have to accept that you were wrong about that, and she is wrong here. i dont know if i can do that

eltee

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 09:30:28 am »
besides, you shouldnt wear hats indoors anyway, dont they teach you americans anything in school?
Exactly. At the Morrissey show there were 4 baseball hat wearers in front of me, and a slew of 'em throughout the theater...Weird, and in the way of viewing.
At the doc appt, I would think it's okay, the doc is not looking at you. Yet, sonick is right, take it off indoors. Who is going to see your dirty hair there? In her fever flu state I'm surprised Celeste didn't suggest you shower...? Easy solution. ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:33:55 am by Sugartastic Tee »