Author Topic: Caps vs Kings of Leon  (Read 7157 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Caps vs Kings of Leon
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:07:53 am »
I was just informed my cousin got a couple of tickets for tonights Caps game. But I already have Kings of Leon floors seats. What do I do 930 Club message boards? What do I do?  ???
‼‼?‼‼

sonickteam2

Re: Caps vs Kings of Leon
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:32:02 am »
I would go to Kings Of Leon. But I am not a Caps fan (as clearly stated in the  hockey thread) If you're a big Caps fan, go to the game though.

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:19:19 am »
I would do anything possible NOT to see the Kings of Leon.

I was just informed my cousin got a couple of tickets for tonights Caps game. But I already have Kings of Leon floors seats. What do I do 930 Club message boards? What do I do?  ???

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:13 am »
Me too. Even go to a hockey game.

I would do anything possible NOT to see the Kings of Leon.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:39:42 am »
i'd go running, then drink beer somewhere outside
o/\o

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:41:03 am »
That's my exact plan tonight.  To keep things on track, don't go to Kings of Leon.

i'd go running, then drink beer somewhere outside

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:49:28 am »
I don't like KoL so I'd go to hockey. That said, if you do like both relatively evenly, the Caps are probably inevitably losing that series, if not losing it tonight, so why go set yourself up to be disappointed?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:08:23 am »
CAPS CAPS CAPS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:34 am »
verizon center is going to be on fire tonight and will be more fun than a so-so concert (which is all you should expect from KoL - i saw them last summer at APW, they were ok.  i'm not a huge fan but they have some decent tracks.  on stage they're passable if you like their music but nothing spectacular).

in terms of entertainment, there isn't much that beats playoff hockey.  i was at the caps' game 7 last year when they were eliminated and it was still a very exciting game.  the arena was deafening at times. 
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:52 am »
Don't know if you've been this year...but a Caps game Verizon Center is a great time to be had...Even on a Tuesday night or a Saturday afternoon....much less a Friday night playoff elimination game.  No brainer.  Caps.

Go early, get your drink on and enjoy.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:33 am »
If the series was 2-2, I'd completely agree with hockey, but the Caps are done. I give it a more than 40% chance they lose the game, which will be a bummer for you Caps fans, and even if they win, how excited can you be because they are eventually losing the series? I don't like KoL, but obviously DFA1979 does, so I can't see how a meaningless and potentially depressing hockey game beats what is, to him, at least an OK concert.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 11:15:29 am »
If the series was 2-2, I'd completely agree with hockey, but the Caps are done. I give it a more than 40% chance they lose the game, which will be a bummer for you Caps fans, and even if they win, how excited can you be because they are eventually losing the series? I don't like KoL, but obviously DFA1979 does, so I can't see how a meaningless and potentially depressing hockey game beats what is, to him, at least an OK concert.

i understand what you're saying, but i'm wondering if your point of view is that of a hardcore fan of the club vs. DFA79 who appears to be more of a casual fan of the game (correct me if i'm wrong).  tonight's game could indeed be depressing for a long-standing caps fan.  but if you go for a fun game and can handle the local team being eliminated, then it's sure to be a very entertaining 3 hours.  i could see how a casual fan might say "who cares about game six, or if there even is a game six?  i'm here to enjoy game 5, now!". 

stop being so "big picture" :P
<sig>

heather

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 12:12:38 pm »
i'd like to second BC's sentiments-- CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

see you there  ;D

edbert

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 12:24:56 pm »
rock        the red        rock rock    the red

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 01:02:26 pm »
I would masturbate outside with a beer in my "other" hand, the Caps game on TV and Kings of Leon on the stereo.

Everybody wins.
27>34