Author Topic: Dinosaur Jr. Roll Call  (Read 16453 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Dinosaur Jr. Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 12:56:17 am »
did mike watt kill it with his bass??? he is amazingggggggggggg.
(_|_)

wml7

BookerT

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:10 am »

Mike Watt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudWUG4QBtQ&feature=channel_page

Dinosaur Jr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr1tF-NQGTs&feature=channel_page

Awesome night

so lemme ask you a question, dude. when you're at a show are you like, "i could just stand here and enjoy this concert and really take it in ... but i think i should really watch the entire thing through my camera/hold my camera up the entire time because a few months from now i i'll have an urge to watch shaky, medium-quality video of most of this show, with lots of random people's heads blocking the view. after all, if i don't have shitty documentation of it, how can i prove i was there???"

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 08:57:55 am »
That's why I buy the shirt.

after all, if i don't have shitty documentation of it, how can i prove i was there???

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 08:58:40 am »
2nd'ed what wml7 said. Both Murph and Lou sat in on various parts of Mike Watt's set. Dino Jr was awesome, about 80 minutes. Can't give you a setlist in full but Out There, Freakscene, In A Jar, Feel The Pain, The Wagon, Sludgefeast, Just Like Heaven, Back To Your Heart, Bulbs Of Passion, You Don't Wanna Know, etc etc.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:01:28 am by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 09:04:31 am »
so lemme ask you a question, dude. when you're at a show are you like, "i could just stand here and enjoy this concert and really take it in ... but i think i should really watch the entire thing through my camera/hold my camera up the entire time because a few months from now i i'll have an urge to watch shaky, medium-quality video of most of this show, with lots of random people's heads blocking the view. after all, if i don't have shitty documentation of it, how can i prove i was there???"

this is a topic i think of often, especially since i work at a venue and am often standing in front of the stage facing the crowd. 

The band comes on and i look into the crowd to see, what seems like 70% of the crowd holding cameras and phones up just taking pics.  I guess i am old. but i find it to be so strange. Its not like they are getting good close up pictures from awesome angles. I dont get it , at all.   But i didnt grow up with a camera phone or a digital camera (surely you dont waste real film taking crappy pics of a concert from 30 rows back) so i guess i just dont understand.   But yeah, i often think..."dude, just enjoy the damn show and get some GOOD pics off the net, taken by that guy in the front with the photo pass!"

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:40 am »
I've gotten good camera phone pics before. There's a difference between taking a photo or two (especially at the beginning and then enjoying the rest of the set) and videoing much of the set, at least in my opinion.

Then again, wml's videos are pretty good and have good sound too. I enjoyed watching them, so I'm glad he took them, but it's not really my thing.

sonickteam2

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:45 am »
2nd'ed what wml7 said. Both Murph and Lou sat in on various parts of Mike Watt's set. Dino Jr was awesome, about 80 minutes. Can't give you a setlist in full but Out There, Freakscene, In A Jar, Feel The Pain, The Wagon, Sludgefeast, Just Like Heaven, Back To Your Heart, Bulbs Of Passion, You Don't Wanna Know, etc etc.

nice list....i just pray that one day, Lou and Murph will just agree to play Green Mind, Where You Been? stuff.

wait, what is  You Don't Wanna Know?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:17:28 am by back to sonick »

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 09:15:11 am »
That's why I buy the shirt.

after all, if i don't have shitty documentation of it, how can i prove i was there???

or you could save your ticket stub!

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 09:15:32 am »
Um, they played The Wagon and Out There...

I know what you mean though, some deep cuts off those like Start Choppin, Drawerings, Puke + Cry would own.

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 09:17:24 am »
or you could save your ticket stub!
Not last night. If you bought tickets when the show was booked for Toad's Place, they had to take away your entire ticket. Even if you had a The National/Ticketmaster ticket, they took your stub if you wanted the free 7". I had the original ticket because I bought the day it went on sale, then they took it away at the door and I couldn't get the 7" and I was pissed! Way to reward those of us who bought tickets early! I know the scheduling/venue conflicts aren't the bands fault, but still.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 09:20:05 am »
Um, they played The Wagon and Out There...

I know what you mean though, some deep cuts off those like Start Choppin, Drawerings, Puke + Cry would own.

tru.  i saw Out There on your list...that seems to be the only one they're playing.  I'd give J $50 to play I Live For That Look.  i am too excited for tomorrow now!

wml7

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:39 am »

Mike Watt

Dinosaur Jr

Awesome night

yes, exactly

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 09:40:56 am »

Mike Watt

Dinosaur Jr

Awesome night

your Bulbs of Passion video is labelled wrong....

its Tarpit...sorry i was watching 2 videos at once! 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:50:23 am by back to sonick »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 09:48:14 am »
damn, now i want to go in balmer  :(
o/\o