Author Topic: Twilight Sad  (Read 3653 times)

nkotb

Twilight Sad
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:48:42 pm »
Anyone catch them tonight besides Joe and I?  Pretty good show, all things said and done.  Like I told Joe afterward, I can't imagine they'd be all that interesting if the guy didn't have such a strong accent, but whatever works, works.

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Twilight Sad
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:08:28 am »
I was a little disappointed, thought it was an alright show but i was expecting fireworks... they seemed a little off

i could listen to their lead singer do a 2-hour set of rod stewart covers and be pretty damn happy, he's great
(o|o)

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:24:23 am »
I blame some on what seemed like new songs...hard to get into, IMO.  Still, at some point, you and I should probably say hi.  I swear, we've been to dozens of shows together and never met up.

I was a little disappointed, thought it was an alright show but i was expecting fireworks... they seemed a little off

i could listen to their lead singer do a 2-hour set of rod stewart covers and be pretty damn happy, he's great

babystew

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
Agree with the above.  Good, not great show -- they don't have the most exciting live presence.  Kinda surprised they didn't come out for an encore (though admittedly I don't know if it's typical for them not to do one).

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:48:39 am »
Yeah it was a good show, no complaints really. I'm just glad that they came to DC on their day off from the mogwai tour since I missed them last time. The music they play doesn't demand stage presence. I mean this is not some coldplay gig or whatnot wherein the singer works the audience by lettingyousingthewords and does multiple fake jumps and other stuff that make the crowd go supacrazy...it's sorta required to have a stage presence at a coldplay gig becuz you paid them a hundredollabill for a ticket and so ya can talk to your girlfriendz about chris martin doing the gay things he doessssssssssss and u all say "YESSSSSS what an awesome gig!"

so yeah, sexy scottish accent and nkotb's legs. Did anyone enjoy the Kills and their prerecorded drummachine and singer circling around like crazy? was that stage presence?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 12:51:48 am by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:03:03 am »
that's one of the lamer attempts at justifying a boring show i've read in a while... "yeah, well, they're not coldplay so they don't need to act like coldplay."  ::)

sound like dino jr might have been the show to be at tonight.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:06:51 am »
oh it wasn't a boring show at all, sweetcell.

people were clappin' like crazy trying to get an encore.

dino jr. is tomorrow...they r loud, you wont like.

that's one of the lamer attempts at justifying a boring show i've read in a while... "yeah, well, they're not coldplay so they don't need to act like coldplay."  ::)

sound like dino jr might have been the show to be at tonight.
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 01:21:26 am »
I thought they were just pretty good when they opened for Battles/Mary Timony at the BC a couple years ago.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 02:01:00 am »
Yeah it was a good show, no complaints really. I'm just glad that they came to DC on their day off from the mogwai tour since I missed them last time. The music they play doesn't demand stage presence. I mean this is not some coldplay gig or whatnot wherein the singer works the audience by lettingyousingthewords and does multiple fake jumps and other stuff that make the crowd go supacrazy...it's sorta required to have a stage presence at a coldplay gig becuz you paid them a hundredollabill for a ticket and so ya can talk to your girlfriendz about chris martin doing the gay things he doessssssssssss and u all say "YESSSSSS what an awesome gig!"

so yeah, sexy scottish accent and nkotb's legs. Did anyone enjoy the Kills and their prerecorded drummachine and singer circling around like crazy? was that stage presence?

Joe, I just have one question. What were you drinking?  ;D

Cheers!

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 02:49:51 am »
That's actually the most representative post of real-life Joe I've ever read.

All that's missing is a mention of something that gives him an erection.

Oh wait:
"so yeah, sexy scottish accent and nkotb's legs."

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 02:52:08 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 07:45:38 am »
How shit, I just spit out my OJ.

That's actually the most representative post of real-life Joe I've ever read.

All that's missing is a mention of something that gives him an erection.

Oh wait:
"so yeah, sexy scottish accent and nkotb's legs."

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 07:55:16 am »
Having heard one of their albums, I think I'd prefer the Rod Stewart covers set.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 10:38:30 am »
Did anyone enjoy the Kills and their prerecorded drummachine and singer circling around like crazy? was that stage presence?

1-Alison Mosshart is a f*@king rock star.  Yes, that *is* stage presence

2-Yes, I enjoyed the show.  You're just bitter and jealous because you missed The Horrors ;)
PANTS

Vas Deferens

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:46:34 am »
I guess that's it.

2-Yes, I enjoyed the show.  You're just bitter and jealous because you missed The Horrors ;)
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »
I blame some on what seemed like new songs...hard to get into, IMO.  Still, at some point, you and I should probably say hi.  I swear, we've been to dozens of shows together and never met up.

agreed, i'll look you up next time
(o|o)