Author Topic: What We do is Secret  (Read 4242 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
What We do is Secret
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:21:57 am »
For those that are interested, set your DVRs....What We do is Secret will be on Showtime at 3:05 am tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, didn't make the theatrical release.

chaz

Re: What We do is Secret
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:08:24 pm »
My bad, but this was actually on THIS morning at 3:00.  I've had it scheduled to tape for a while but the date on my watch was wrong ;D

Anyway, it's going to be on Showtime 2 in a few days for those that have the 27 different Showtime channels.

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:20:13 pm »
Thanks for the heads up - I missed it this morning.

Will catch it in a few days.
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:26:02 pm »
I have seen it, but I've got Showtime for free right now so I'm SO taping it. Thanks!

Oh, and for all of you that would like to make fun of me, I've got FOUR pairs of the limited edition Germs VANS shoes that came out. 3 of the classic, 1 of the slip-ons. I got pairs 2 and 3 of the classic for 10 bucks a pop, and they were the last in my size. Needless to say, I'm a geek and you can all point and laugh. But the shoes are friggin' KILLER. I'll be wearing them until I'm 50.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:07:14 pm »
I have no idea what this thread is about, but judging by who is posting in it, I'd say it has something to do with old guys acting younger than their age. All we need is for Kosmo to shime in with something about Tinted Windows.   ;D

I'll be wearing them until I'm 50.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:15:53 pm »
No, it's about old guys wearing what they feel like wearing because they don't want to be stuck wearing topsiders and Dockers just to fit in with what people think they should look like. I've seen aging punk rockers wearing sneakers and they look perfectly fine. Frankly, I'd rather see Ian Mackaye doing that as opposed to trying to look like someone's dad.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 02:23:49 pm »
So you'd rather see men wear the aging punk uniform rather than the aging dad uniform?  ::)

Maybe dads wear topsiders and dockers because that's what they feel comfortable in, rather as a means of conforming? I'd put money on topsiders being more comfortable than Doc Martens, and Dockers being more comfortable than 501's.

No, it's about old guys wearing what they feel like wearing because they don't want to be stuck wearing topsiders and Dockers just to fit in with what people think they should look like. I've seen aging punk rockers wearing sneakers and they look perfectly fine. Frankly, I'd rather see Ian Mackaye doing that as opposed to trying to look like someone's dad.

wml7

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:27:50 pm »
So you'd rather see men wear the aging punk uniform rather than the aging dad uniform?  ::)

Maybe dads wear topsiders and dockers because that's what they feel comfortable in, rather as a means of conforming? I'd put money on topsiders being more comfortable than Doc Martens, and Dockers being more comfortable than 501's.

bugle boys

chaz

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:32:38 pm »
Oh stop it Rhett.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 02:46:58 pm »
a thread about a punk rock movie on the 930 board

i am aghast
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 03:06:12 pm »
a thread about a punk rock movie on the 930 board

i am aghast

That goes off topic in 5 posts.  I'm even more aghast!
27>34

bearman🐻

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 03:20:48 pm »
Who says anything about a uniform? It's about being who you are. I know I'd be happy if my dad had been a little more expressive as an older guy because he dressed pretty cool back in the late 50's/early 60's. Then again, he was totally hanging with Duane Denison from the Jesus Lizard one time, so I guess that counts for something.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 03:34:15 pm »
Maybe some people find more sustanitive (spelling?) ways to express themselves as they get older. I know fashion interested me much more when I was in my 20's than in my 40's.

Who says anything about a uniform? It's about being who you are. I know I'd be happy if my dad had been a little more expressive as an older guy because he dressed pretty cool back in the late 50's/early 60's. Then again, he was totally hanging with Duane Denison from the Jesus Lizard one time, so I guess that counts for something.

Relaxer

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:13 am »
Maybe some people find more sustanitive (spelling?) ways to express themselves as they get older. I know fashion interested me much more when I was in my 20's than in my 40's.

That's because you're a fat old man now
oword

chaz

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 10:02:09 am »
So I watched this last night and.....Didn't think it was very good at all.  In fact, it was almost horrible.