Author Topic: Fischerspooner roll call  (Read 2986 times)

bearman🐻

Fischerspooner roll call
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:59:24 pm »
I know it's a few days off, but I'll be out of town and flying back Sunday afternoon. Here's hoping that I don't get delayed! I'm really excited about this show. Very much digging the new record.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Fischerspooner roll call
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:22:28 am »
Cant wait to see them tonight!
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
(_|_)

MonkeyPants

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 07:59:25 pm »
annoying and HARD to watch.

More interesting to watch than a bunch of knob twiddlers
PANTS

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 04:00:57 am »
I could be wrong since I've never been to an FS show but won't that consist of just as much twiddling (I have no problem, whatsoever with twiddling just so long as the twiddling results in sounds made in real-time)?
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:45:42 pm »
the singer sings over vocal backing tracks. Terrible. The mediocrity of the music is coated by theatrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT0C1M-2464
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 05:27:57 pm »
Settle down, Beavis.
احمد

bearman🐻

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 09:29:25 am »
Holy crap...I feel sorry for the people that didn't go to this, but I feel even more sorry for the people that don't get it. Performance art? Maybe. I'd call it ballet meets 2001: A Space Odyssey meets Cirque du Soleil meets Ringling Bros. I love the music, pre-recorded and poorly lip-synced/half-sung, but the end result was some of the most fun I've ever had a concert. I guess when I see a band like Dropping the Lime, I realize how totally over the 80's retro throwbacks I am, so Fischerspooner (by comparison) is at least unlike anything else I've seen. And don't think for a second the band don't see the comedy in what they're doing. It's not meant to be all that pretentious or arty. There are those moments when it gets a little sloppy and everyone starts laughing, and that's when you know they're not taking themselves too seriously. Totally camp stuff. I guess maybe you have to be a little gay to get some of it. And songs like "Sweetness", "Happy", "Amuse Bouche" and "Cloud" just killed. I can honestly say I haven't been this ecstatic on a Monday in forever. Great, great show.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 10:01:36 am »
I probably could've caught  half of this before running over to Velvet without missing anything there. Ahh well.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:34 am »
i think that sums it up perfectly. I loved it when Spooner said 'we have a special guest in the house tonight - Tom Cruise'. LOL. I can just imagine him being there.

Not sure how the show was in DC - but Webster Hall was fairly empty. Maybe half full if that. The costumes were just great - this futuristic feel to them. The dancers who can contort their bodies were just awesome to watch. And they would come to the edge of the stage and pose for pictures and it was pretty funny at moments.

Spooner singing Cloud - purely awesome. The whole thing was a spectacle unlike anything Ive ever seen and probably will ever see. A bit campy and lots of laughing on stage. They were truly enjoying themselves. I loved how Spooner would just sit down and talk about something random, and go on about fireside chats. Fischer running up to the video camera and sprawling out in front - to make sure he had a shot of himself was too funny. His outfit, nearly glowing and his black thigh high boots and greenish skirt were awesome.

Everyone walked out of the show fully blown away. Its not something that you will get to see often, if ever at all. And all the mirrors definitely added to it. It was bizarre being able to watch yourself during the performance.

Did No Bra open the set before Drop the Lime? There were all of 10 of us there for her set and the whole evening was bizarre. She kept pointing at me, and her vocals were so distorted I had no clue what she was saying/singing. Drop the Lime were entertaining in that 80's feel. Webster Hall felt like a dance club when they were playing, but it really got the crowd worked up for FS. Ive relived this show in my head so many times, I was hoping Id be able to find another way to see them.
Holy crap...I feel sorry for the people that didn't go to this, but I feel even more sorry for the people that don't get it. Performance art? Maybe. I'd call it ballet meets 2001: A Space Odyssey meets Cirque du Soleil meets Ringling Bros. I love the music, pre-recorded and poorly lip-synced/half-sung, but the end result was some of the most fun I've ever had a concert. I guess when I see a band like Dropping the Lime, I realize how totally over the 80's retro throwbacks I am, so Fischerspooner (by comparison) is at least unlike anything else I've seen. And don't think for a second the band don't see the comedy in what they're doing. It's not meant to be all that pretentious or arty. There are those moments when it gets a little sloppy and everyone starts laughing, and that's when you know they're not taking themselves too seriously. Totally camp stuff. I guess maybe you have to be a little gay to get some of it. And songs like "Sweetness", "Happy", "Amuse Bouche" and "Cloud" just killed. I can honestly say I haven't been this ecstatic on a Monday in forever. Great, great show.
HeyLa

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 12:23:41 pm »
No Bra did indeed open up. That was pretty entertaining. When she took her black leather jacket I was having flashbacks to being front and center for Throw Rag opening for QOTSA, when the singer's cock popped out of his tighty whities. Ick.  During No Bra, my buddy called me during the show, so I looked at my cell phone and she reprimanded me for texting. Afterwards I talked with her, last night was the final gig of the tour for her. Wish I could remember her name. I liked "Doherfuckher", that was hilarious. "She takes it up the ass, I can tell from the smile on her face". HA! Fischerspooner must have had about 500 people or so here in DC. Maybe a handful more. Good crowd for the most part, apparently the band were happy with the show.