Author Topic: Two Evils  (Read 3833 times)

Sage 703

Two Evils
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:10:32 pm »
Okay, here's the idea - which is very simple.  Post two things (artists, bands, movies, actors, whatever), and pick the lesser of two evils.

This spawned out of a conversation I had with the Director - so we'll start with a few from that conversation:

• Nickelback OR Limp Bizkit
  • Spice Girls OR Britney Spears
  • N*Sync OR The Backstreet Boys
  • "Macarena" OR "Achy Breaky Heart"

I pick Limp Bizkit, Britney Spears, N*Sync and......."Macarena."

vansmack

Re: Two Evils
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 06:27:02 pm »
  • Vansmack OR The Most Interesting Man in the World
27>34

Sage 703

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:19:08 am »
I'll take Vansmack, since I've never seen any of those Most Interesting Man in the World commercials.

Not going to pick from the others, smackie?  C'mon.

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:48 am »
I'm going to have to agree with your picks on all accounts, however, I will maintain that having seen both live, neither the Spice Girls nor Britney Spears are evil.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:40:16 pm »
in order to keep this thread going, i'll steal a post from walkies:

GRRRRRR
It's just that the idea of British zombies is so laughable. It's like tough-guy paraplegics, fat people in spandex, or the WNBA.

bigger joke?  wnba  or lpga?  fat people in spandex or fat people in swimming outfits?  tough-guy paraplegics or einstein intelligent paraplegics?

lesser evils:
- lpga
- bathing suits
- einstein
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:49:54 pm »
in order to keep this thread going, i'll steal a post from walkies:

GRRRRRR
It's just that the idea of British zombies is so laughable. It's like tough-guy paraplegics, fat people in spandex, or the WNBA.

bigger joke?  wnba  or lpga?  fat people in spandex or fat people in swimming outfits?  tough-guy paraplegics or einstein intelligent paraplegics?

lesser evils:
- lpga
- bathing suits
- einstein

I'm going the other way on bathing suits...but other than that, agreed.

Sage 703

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 02:09:02 pm »
Hipsters OR Hippies?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 02:13:55 pm »
hippies.  at least somewhere, deep down, they mean well... or at least some of them.  as self-centered as hippies are accused of being, hipsters are way worse.  at least hippies show up to protest wars because they are fundamentally against them.  hipsters will only show up if fleet foxes are playing at the rally <insert anti-hippie/pro-hipster defense here>

paper or plastic?
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »
I'm taking hippies as well.

Used to be a paper man...but these days, mostly plastic.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »
actually, it was a trick question... lesser evil is reusable cloth bags :)  but plastic shopping bags have their uses, like lining trash cans or bringing wet clothes home from the gym/pool.

muzak or adult contemporary?  EDIT: and the winner of that, vs. new age?
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 02:18:19 pm »
Adult Contemporary.

Bill O'Reilly OR Rush Limbaugh?

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 02:20:53 pm »
hippies.  at least somewhere, deep down, they mean well... or at least some of them.  as self-centered as hippies are accused of being, hipsters are way worse.  at least hippies show up to protest wars because they are fundamentally against them.  hipsters will only show up if fleet foxes are playing at the rally <insert anti-hippie/pro-hipster defense here>

paper or plastic?

depends on the age of the hippie.  try hanging out with the youth of hippie today.  spoiled little fuckers who want everything for themselves and cling to an idealism label to seem cool and to do drugs.  hippies CAN be some of the worst scum of human shit out there, so don't think the flowers smell pretty where they lie.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »
not sure about the AC vote - at least muzak doesn't claim to be serious, or an art form.  there is no pretension. 

Bill O'Reilly OR Rush Limbaugh?

that just made my head explode.  i'll pick BO, based on the sole fact that rush reaches more people thus making him the greater evil - he's more influential. 

wow.

bud light or coors light?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 02:23:59 pm »
HA!  best one yet:

LiveNation or TicketMaster?

<hides>
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 02:29:48 pm »
HA!  best one yet:

LiveNation or TicketMaster?

<hides>

that is soooooo easy.  ticketmaster all the way.  ordering tickets is easier and less a hassle, plus the rerelease times and days for shows you want is easy to figure out.  and also, people constantly are puking out livenation's backdoor program websites to score the best tix when they go on sale.  and livenation owns everything (almost).  ticketmaster is finally the underdog.

beer prices of the following venues:

verizon

black cat

nissan