Author Topic: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread  (Read 410334 times)

Starsky

Vas Deferens

Re: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread
« Reply #961 on: November 28, 2022, 10:34:10 am »
The Charlatans are so boring live though.... doubt playing that album will make a difference.....

Wow

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatEricAlper/status/1597235269257678850
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #962 on: November 28, 2022, 10:40:38 am »
Well it’s an album I adore and was hoping to see them plus Ride Nowhere but NYC on a Monday or Tuesday is probably not happening

I can’t believe nobody was willing to promote a DC or Philly show but can’t say I am shocked about DC…  whoever is booking for IMP - and there are multiple people- have learned these oldster shows don’t sell… so we were down to the Fillmore and they didn’t go for it probably cause Suede/Manic Street didn’t do well enough

At least that’s my Monday morning booker take…probably all wrong

Vas Deferens

« Reply #963 on: November 28, 2022, 11:07:02 am »
^^ probably none of the DC area venues are available...
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #964 on: November 28, 2022, 11:13:04 am »

There are so many venues competing for acts

No promoter believed it could do 1800 in DC so the numbers didn’t add up

I must say I don’t believe it could have done 1800

Vas Deferens

« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2022, 12:22:27 pm »
Perhaps the bands didn't want to come to this area...
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #966 on: November 28, 2022, 12:45:02 pm »
Perhaps they both regularly come to this area but in this case decided they didn’t want to…they feel they have visited all the museums..

bearman🐻

« Reply #967 on: December 01, 2022, 10:48:38 am »
Well it’s an album I adore and was hoping to see them plus Ride Nowhere but NYC on a Monday or Tuesday is probably not happening

I can’t believe nobody was willing to promote a DC or Philly show but can’t say I am shocked about DC…  whoever is booking for IMP - and there are multiple people- have learned these oldster shows don’t sell… so we were down to the Fillmore and they didn’t go for it probably cause Suede/Manic Street didn’t do well enough

At least that’s my Monday morning booker take…probably all wrong

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the MSP/Suede turnout. Going to try to catch the Ride/Charlatans gig somewhere, still working out details. Yeah, really surprised they didn't do anything south of NYC on the east coast.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #968 on: December 02, 2022, 03:55:56 pm »

Metallica: "72 Seasons"
April 14

first single: Lux Æterna

tix went on sale today for the "M72 World Tour".  a few things are notable here:

- they will only be playing stadiums.  in euro-land, it'll be major soccer stadium, on this side it'll be NFL/CFL stadiums (with the exception of montreal, where they'll be playing the Olympic Stadium)
- tour will last 2 year, 2023-2024.  mostly summer dates given the venues.
- no dates for DC.  closest is MetLife Stadium, NJ.
- they will be playing 2 nights in each city: friday and sunday.  tickets are only sold as pairs, so you're signing up to see both shows.  if you resell or transfer your tickets through TM's resale system/scam, you must include both tickets - no splitting.  TBD if you can split the tickets on your own (i.e. if they're delivered via the TM app only, no physical tickets, you might be forced to use both - or need to give someone else your phone for the night).  completely different setlists each night. EDIT: single-night tickets will go on sale in january, for whatever inventory is left by then.
- prices are certified redonkulous: the stage is a circle, with a "snake pit" in the middle (see below).  tix for the snake pit for the seattle show (aug 29 & sept 1, 2024!), AKA the 'NOTHING ELSE MATTERS' SNAKE PIT EXPERIENCE are a very reasonable $4,398.00 ea + Fees each.  but that's two shows, so less than $2,200 per night.  a steal.  i hope they had a fan-club presale at non-platinum prices... field GA, on the outside of the stage, is a measly $315 with a 'FRANTIC' EARLY ENTRY GA PACKAGE option at $598. lowers are $290-990, uppers $90-375.
- support: Pantera, Mammoth WVH, Five Finger Death Punch, Ice Nine Kills.  this sucks, as i fear this might be the only opportunity to see Pantera in these markets.  ugh.

i'm going to wait until closer to the show to scoop up some cheap day-of tix (if i'm still interested by then).  should be a ton of those, what with the show being almost 2 years out. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 04:00:23 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #969 on: December 02, 2022, 04:04:01 pm »
Can't wait for the class action lawsuit by the people bitten by the cobras in the SNAKE PIT despite it being right fucking there in the name.
LVMH

« Reply #970 on: December 02, 2022, 04:28:16 pm »
i'm going to wait until closer to the show to scoop up some cheap day-of tix (if i'm still interested by then).  should be a ton of those, what with the show being almost 2 years out. 
I doubt it and if they are they will be even more expensive then
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #971 on: December 02, 2022, 05:01:17 pm »
I doubt it and if they are they will be even more expensive then

wanna place a two-year bet?  'cause i'm certain there will be plenty of below-face tix available in the days leading up to this show.
- demand for this show is pretty tepid.  zoom in in the seating map for the seattle shows - maybe 50% sold?  this ain't no taylor swift-level of demand... i'm sure they'll get close to selling out by the time the show rolls around, but the fans have ample opportunity to buy, at many price levels.
- the stadium seats 72,000 - so there will be some 80k+ tix available for this show.  that's a hella tickets.
- show is 2 years away.  my experience has been that the further away a show is, the higher incidence of folks who can't attend the show.
<sig>

« Reply #972 on: December 02, 2022, 05:03:07 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #973 on: December 08, 2022, 01:38:24 pm »
wait, how did all you Bad Seeds fanboys miss this???

Nick Cave
Guggenheim, NYC
tomorrow (see website for additional dates)
<sig>

« Reply #974 on: December 08, 2022, 01:50:49 pm »
ummm... Nick Cave (b. 1959, Fulton, Missouri) tells ya all ya need to know
slack