Author Topic: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread  (Read 83683 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2010, 05:51:46 pm »
I'm going to go with Jimmie's Chicken Shack.

you got it! (per the hfstival wiki page).  i hope they play again at this year's revived edition please please please please please please please please please please please please please....
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2010, 09:36:52 am »
Wavves at RNRH - enough said
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:19 am »
Too much, actually.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2010, 10:07:35 am »
azaghal loves the venue and the band.

Wavves at RNRH - enough said
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »
HFS Festival
Merriweather
Sept. 18

Third Eye Blind, Fuel, Presidents Of The USA, Marcy's Playground, Billy Idol, Better Than Ezra, and the Fixx

HAHAHA

ewwwwwwwww... i'd love to see billy again, but couldn't be bothered to wade through the rest of that pile (and pay for the privilege too).  who headlines that train wreck - billy? or TEB?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2010, 09:14:18 am »
I'm only a moderate PJ fan, but the live shows seem to be raved about, and I live in Bristow. If lawn tickets are reasonable, I'll go. Any idea of ticket prices?

Looks like tickets are priced 39.00 to 79.00.  So after service charges, those 79 tickets will be like 90 something.  Anyone ever got pit for pearl jam shows if they are not in the ten club?  I have never been able to pull pit but will try again this time.  ;D

seats in the pavilion still available on TM - lol.  back of the pavilion, granted, but if a heavy hitter like PJ can't sell out the pavilion more than a month after onsale, you know your venue sucks.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2010, 09:54:08 am »
I'm only a moderate PJ fan, but the live shows seem to be raved about, and I live in Bristow. If lawn tickets are reasonable, I'll go. Any idea of ticket prices?

Looks like tickets are priced 39.00 to 79.00.  So after service charges, those 79 tickets will be like 90 something.  Anyone ever got pit for pearl jam shows if they are not in the ten club?  I have never been able to pull pit but will try again this time.  ;D

seats in the pavilion still available on TM - lol.  back of the pavilion, granted, but if a heavy hitter like PJ can't sell out the pavilion more than a month after onsale, you know your venue sucks.

Kiss ass

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2010, 04:09:11 pm »

Wow - There have been seats in the 100-level available for over a week now.  There's also a "Discount Offer" for tickets where they're $55, but you need a password.    Are they really having that much trouble selling tickets to this one?  Maybe I won't need to leave work early after all.

wml7

« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2010, 04:57:28 pm »

Wow - There have been seats in the 100-level available for over a week now.  There's also a "Discount Offer" for tickets where they're $55, but you need a password.    Are they really having that much trouble selling tickets to this one?  Maybe I won't need to leave work early after all.

Yes, I've been pulling tickets in the 100's for a few weeks now.  i'm trying to see if I can get lucky and pull a floor one so thats why I keep looking  ;D  You better still think about leaving work early as traffic getting there is always a mess.  Never fails  ;D

MonkeyPants

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2010, 10:00:03 pm »
the only way you get floor at a PJ show without getting tickets through the fan club directly is if there are an odd number of seats in the rows.  Then they usually sell single aisle seats really close to the show - like within a day of the show or something.
PANTS

eros

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2010, 08:59:40 am »

Anyone who checks ticketfly at any given time will see the Soft Sale show listings.

Don't know if this was discussed elsewhere, but why are the soft sales no longer listed in the weekly email blast?
ʎɐʍou

azaghal1981

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2010, 09:06:20 am »
Good question. I wondered the same thing.

احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »
He was such a dissapointment at Wolftrap opening for CEsaria Evora (maybe cause it was just him on acoustic..)...

hopefully he'll be better with a full band, playing full-on samba.  i'll most likely be at this show.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »
He was such a dissapointment at Wolftrap opening for CEsaria Evora (maybe cause it was just him on acoustic..)...

hopefully he'll be better with a full band, playing full-on samba.  i'll most likely be at this show.

I may be at this show too...just absolutely love Brazilian music...

nkotb

« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2010, 09:03:40 am »
Has anyone heard the full album?  I thought Crown on the Ground was a killer song, but I can't imagine they could hold my interest for an entire album.

Sleigh Bells
RNR Hotel
7/2