Author Topic: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread  (Read 79575 times)

James Ford

Re: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »
The same guy who got multiple orders of Strathmore tickets also got multiple tickets for the National show and tickets to all the other Wilco shows.

you are aware this this isn't one person, but the website is part of a network of scalpers, right?  it's not this "colin" personally bought all these tickets... its dozens of colins in several cities that all bought tickets, and have agreements to list on each other's sites.  they get a cut of the sale if they sell another scalper's tickets.

You seem to know quite a bit about this. Which are the two your wife grabbed? Is your name not "sweetcell", but really "Colin"?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:40 pm »
ha - if i was "colin", do you think i'd be blabbing about my business model on this board?  i got that link by clicking the "ticket network direct" icon on the bottom left of "colin's" website.  obviously this means i'm on the inside  ::)

i know a bit about scalping - "know your enemy".  in this case, it appears that i'm being indicted for knowing something.  anybody who has ever researched satanism is automatically a satanist, right? 
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
Looks like Wilco for the National is sold out too hmmm I didn't think it would go that quick as they usually don't sell out shows there instantly.

Well you're in luck. The same guy who got multiple orders of Strathmore tickets also got multiple tickets for the National show and tickets to all the other Wilco shows.

They can be yours for $315 Floor or $195 GA here:

ahahaha who would actually pay those prcies??  And they are selling for two different price points when the whole show itself is GA.  WOW  :o
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:32:07 pm by thatguy »

James Ford

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 03:50:52 pm »
ha - if i was "colin", do you think i'd be blabbing about my business model on this board?  i got that link by clicking the "ticket network direct" icon on the bottom left of "colin's" website.  obviously this means i'm on the inside  ::)

i know a bit about scalping - "know your enemy".  in this case, it appears that i'm being indicted for knowing something.  anybody who has ever researched satanism is automatically a satanist, right? 

So Colin, are you saying you're also a satanist? First Jack Black, and now you?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 03:53:53 pm »
And they are selling for two different price points when the whole show itself is GA.  WOW  :o

again, it's because at least one of those listing is from another scalper... so "colin" doesn't control the pricing, he's merely re-posting another person's prices.

So Colin, are you saying you're also a satanist? First Jack Black, and now you?

lol.  i like where this is going :)  (at least i'm in the company of jack black - could have been tom cruise!)
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2010, 04:02:39 pm »
How much did you charge for tickets to this, Colin?

And which one are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63fVjdy7bLA

walkonby

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:29 pm »
How much did you charge for tickets to this, Colin?

And which one are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63fVjdy7bLA

notice . . . all they do is play paint ball and smoke cigarettes; two things satan created.  they are living the vida loca.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2010, 02:06:09 pm »
I doubt they'll play the club after that Shins fiasco.

is this in regards to the spoon @ national announcement?  if so, care to refresh my memory about the "shins fiasco"?
<sig>

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2010, 02:15:00 pm »

is this in regards to the spoon @ national announcement?  if so, care to refresh my memory about the "shins fiasco"?
Basically, Spoon was booked to play the 930 Club, but cancelled to open for the Shins at Merriweather instead.

James Ford

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2010, 02:28:51 pm »

Basically, Spoon was booked to play the 930 Club, but cancelled to open for the Shins at Merriweather instead.

Your short reply doesn't really answer to question of why they wouldn't play the 9:30 again.

And wasn't Seth responsible for cancelling the 9:30 show and putting them on the Shins bill? I doubt it was Spoon's idea.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30:49 pm »

Your short reply doesn't really answer to question of why they wouldn't play the 9:30 again.

And wasn't Seth responsible for cancelling the 9:30 show and putting them on the Shins bill? I doubt it was Spoon's idea.
No, it didn't. But I also think they will play the Club again, so I couldn't answer that question if I tried.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 02:37:06 pm »
Weren't Spoon supposed to play 2 nights at the 930, then both got canceled when they got added to the Shins bill at Merriweather, then people complained, then a 930 show was on again for the next day and the people who had tickets to the Shins show got in free. Then people speculate to this day that they'll never play the 930 again. The end.

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »
There was more to it than that.

Yes, IMP canceled the 930 show and put Spoon on the Shins MPP bill. They then booked Spoon to play a show at the club the next night but the admission to the 930 show had something to do  with some sort of convoluted idea that involved buying tickets to the Shins show...the details of which I'm a little foggy on.

They then listed the Spoon show as "sold out" and didn't sell tickets to it but the turnout to the Spoon show at the club was very low because not many ticket holders from the previous night showed up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:44:05 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 02:42:46 pm »
Wasn't it that Spoon 930 ticket holders got free lawn tickets (or reduced pavilion tickets) to the Shins show. Then anyone with a Shins ticket, or an original Spoon ticket got in free to the next night's Spoon at 930 Club show?

azaghal1981

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 02:46:19 pm »
That sounds right.
Wasn't it that Spoon 930 ticket holders got free lawn tickets (or reduced pavilion tickets) to the Shins show. Then anyone with a Shins ticket, or an original Spoon ticket got in free to the next night's Spoon at 930 Club show?
احمد