Author Topic: I saw the Director on the Metro yesterday  (Read 8639 times)

vansmack

Re: I saw the Director on the Metro yesterday
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »
Like all shows, The Director went to the Coldplay show for the women.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
Like all shows, The Director went to the Coldplay show for the women.

then why did i see him the last time lisa lampanelli rolled through town?

this is who i saw as the audience (but i might be "stereotyping")

walkonby

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 03:54:04 pm »
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:01:58 pm by walkonby »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:45 pm »
i saw the director on saturday, at my wedding.  he kicked ass not only behind the decks as our DJ (shared duties, both DJs kept us dancing until 2:30 AM), he also blew minds at the ceremony itself.  we had a quaker wedding where anyone present was welcome to stand up and speak whatever he/she had in his/her heart.  the director has a big heart. 

i had the best weekend ever.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:35:22 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 10:26:10 am »
we had a quaker wedding where anyone present was welcome to stand up and speak whatever he/she had in his/her heart.
I now understand why I wasn't invited.

nkotb

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 10:33:25 am »
Man, a spokeword, wedding-themed "Julian's America" trashing the open bar selection and the bride's gown?  That would've ruled.

we had a quaker wedding where anyone present was welcome to stand up and speak whatever he/she had in his/her heart.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 10:39:48 am »
Did I ever tell you about the time TheDirector took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally TheDirector takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half?until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. TheDirector yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'
o/\o

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 10:40:14 am »
Man, a spokeword, wedding-themed "Julian's America" trashing the open bar selection and the bride's gown?  That would've ruled.
There would've been so many Vera Wang jokes. And I would've sat down at the end, then immediately stood back up and announced how much the wedding cost and how I would rank it on a scale of 1 to 10.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 10:40:38 am »
Did I ever tell you about the time TheDirector took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally TheDirector takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half?until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. TheDirector yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'
This was always my favorite Bill Brasky. Kudos!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 10:43:09 am »
thanks, thats mine too

o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 12:22:37 pm »

this is one of my nominees for POTW (other is in christian rap thread).  almost made diet coke come out my nose.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 01:58:59 pm »
There would've been so many Vera Wang jokes. And I would've sat down at the end, then immediately stood back up and announced how much the wedding cost and how I would rank it on a scale of 1 to 10.

lol :)

since i'm sure julian is dying to know, the dress was by Oleg Cassini... so not as jocular as a Wang, admittedly, but very pretty. 

julian would have destroyed the bar selection in a review: it was mostly a champagne & wine sort of affair.  only alternatives were vodka from the old country (drunk straight for the most part), a very respectable single malt (forget which one but folks loved on it), and VS cognac <insert embarrassment> and a keg of locally-brewed summer ale.  looking back, it was a mistake not to have served a good bourbon given the missus' southern roots.  i suspect that the JA rating of this offering would be in the 2 to 3 range.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:01:15 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 02:05:55 pm »
harpoon is one of my favorites
o/\o

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 02:11:11 pm »
Congrats, Sweetcell. Your life is now over.

My wife got her wedding dress from JCrew for like 50 bucks or something. That was before JCrew got the idea to make wedding dresses that they actually called "wedding dresses" and charge a higher price.